Associates - The Radio 1 Sessions FLAC album
Radio One Sessions, Vol. 1: 1981-1983.
APB : The Radio 1 Sessions,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен.
The Radio One Sessions is a compilation of BBC Radio One sessions recorded by Britpop group Elastica. The album is notable for the appearance of several songs not included on any other Elastica release. Annie" (Donna Matthews) - 1:15. Spastica" (Justine Frischmann) - 2:34. Line Up" (Frischmann) - 3:12. Vaseline" (Frischmann) - 1:20. Brighton Rock" (Frischmann, Elastica) - 1:56. In The City" (Frischmann) - 1:31. Waking Up" (Burnell, Cornwell, Duffy, Frischmann, Greenfield) - 3:17.
The cult of Mackenzie continues, with sessions either side of Alan Rankine's exit. These session snapshots show that Billy Mackenzie, though their most enduring talent, was dependent on t partner Alan Rankine for many early effects. In 1982, just prior to their split, Mackenzie’s yelping, ululating voice is sliced to slivers over pensive synths on Australia, and swirls under the compressed disco thunder of a rethought Love Hangover. His first post-Rankine instinct is a voice-indulging Billie Holiday cover,.
The Radio One Sessions (Syd Barrett album). The Radio One Sessions is a live album by former Pink Floyd vocalist and guitarist, Syd Barrett. It features the complete Peel Session recordings that Barrett did for Top Gear (Presented by Peel) on 24 February 1970, plus three unreleased songs recorded for a Bob Harris "Sounds of the Seventies" show on 16 February 1971
The excellent liner notes for the CD say "the Associates were un-influenced," which is as good a description of them as any. Rankine is a true original and seems to have invented his own style of recording and playing, like guitar inventor Les Paul. It's still way beyond hip/cool.
The Radio One Sessions. Compilation album by Elastica. Generator" (Frischmann) - 1:47. Your Arse My Place" (Frischmann) - 1:46. The releases omits 10 tracks recorded by the band for BBC Radio 1, in many cases because they were already present from another session. 18) Peel Session previously released as a b-side to Line Up. "2:1" (1994. 16) Evening Session previously released as a b-side to Stutter. 16) Evening Session previously released on Evening Session Priority Tunes compilation album.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "Radio One Sessions, Vol. 2: 1984-1985" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. Style:MLA Chicago APA. "Radio One Sessions, Vol. 2: 1984-1985 Album.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Me, Myself And The Tragic Story||3:23|
|2||It's Better This Way||3:28|
|3||A Severe Bout Of Career Insecurity||4:04|
Vocals – Martha LadlyWritten-By – McLeod*, Sawyer*
|5||Waiting For The Love Boat||5:05|
|6||Theme From Perhaps||5:24|
|7||Don't Give Me That I Told You So Look||5:07|
|8||God Bless The Child
Written-By – Herzog*, Holiday*
Written-By – Hackady*, Pockriss*
|12||A Matter Of Gender||4:30|
|16||The Girl That Took Me||4:08|
- Copyright (c) – Nighttracks
- Made By – Mayking Records
- Glass Mastered At – PDO, UK – 10292851
- Bass – Mike Dempsey* (tracks: 1 to 5), Roberto Soave (tracks: 11 to 16), Steve Reid (tracks: 7)
- Design – Definition
- Drums – John Murphy (tracks: 1, 2), Moritz von Oswald (tracks: 14 to 16), Steve Golding (tracks: 3 to 5, 11 to 13), The Whippets (tracks: 6 to 7)
- Engineer – Barry Andrews* (tracks: 14 to 16), Graham Puddifoot (tracks: 11 to 13), Mike Robinson (tracks: 1 to 5), Peter Watts (tracks: 14 to 16), Ted de Bono (tracks: 6 to 10)
- Guitar – Ian McIntosh (tracks: 11 to 16), Martin Lowe (tracks: 11 to 13), Steve Reid (tracks: 6, 7)
- Guitar, Keyboards – Alan Rankine (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Keyboards – Howard Hughes* (tracks: 6 to 8, 10 to 16)
- Liner Notes – Paul Lester
- Photography By – Anton Giacomoni*
- Producer – Dale Griffin (tracks: 1 to 5, 11 to 13), Harry Palkes (tracks: 14 to 16), John Partes (tracks: 6 to 10)
- Vocals – Billy Mackenzie
- Written-By – Rankine* (tracks: 1 to 3, 12 to 13), MacKenzie* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 9 to 10, 12 to 16), Hutchinson* (tracks: 15), Hughes* (tracks: 16)
NotesTracks 1, 2: John Peel session, 28th April 1981
Tracks 3-5: John Peel session, 6th March 1982
Tracks 6, 7 & 9: David 'Kid' Jensen session, 29th August 1983
Tracks 8, 10: John Peel session, 3rd August 1983
Tracks 11-13: Richard Skinner session, 15th July 1984
Tracks 14-16: Janice Long session, 8th August 1985
A misprint version of The Radio 1 Sessions has a front cover typo that reads: Asociates.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 017644 800625
- Barcode (Scanned): 5017644800625
- Matrix / Runout: MAYKING RECORDS CDNT006 10292851 01 %
|DEI8133-2||Associates*||The Radio 1 Sessions (CD, Comp)||Dutch East India Trading||DEI8133-2||US||1994|
|CDNT006||Asociates*||The Radio 1 Sessions (CD, Comp, M/Print)||Nighttracks||CDNT006||UK||1994|