Ray Charles - The Genius Of Ray Charles FLAC album
All lyrics from The Genius Of Ray Charles album, popular Ray Charles songs with tracklist and information about album.
1996 На открытии Олимпийских игр в Атланте Рэй Чарльз исполнил свою классическую песню Georgia On My Mind.
2004 10 июня умер в возрасте 73 лет, в своём доме в Беверли-Хиллз, штат Калифорния.
Pure Genius: The Complete Atlantic Recordings 1952-1960 (US Rele. Авторы текста и музыки. Gus Kahn, Isham Jones. The Very Best Of Ray Charles 2 CD. Charles Brown, Oscar Moore. WMG (от лица компании "JET PLAK KASET"); UBEM, BMI - Broadcast Music In. UMPG Publishing, Warner Chappell, CMRRA, LatinAutor - UMPG, PEDL, LatinAutor" и другие авторские общества (1).
This is a discography of American musician Ray Charles. Hundreds of Ray Charles compilations and "Greatest Hits" albums have been released and continue to be produced and released by various labels around the world. Some of the more notable compilations include: 1958: Ray Charles (Coronet). 1959: The Original Ray Charles (Hollywood). 1959: The Fabulous Ray Charles (Hollywood). 1961: Do the Twist! with Ray Charles (Atlantic). 1962: The Ray Charles Story, Volume One (Atlantic).
Ray Charles is the first release on LP by American pianist, vocalist, and band leader Ray Charles. Originally released in 1957 on Atlantic Records, it was re-released as Hallelujah I Love Her So in 1962. Many of the tracks had been hit singles for Ray Charles in the preceding years, notably "Mess Around" in 1953, "A Fool for You" and "I Got A Woman" in 1955, "Drown In My Own Tears" and "Hallelujah I Love Her So" in 1956. All songs written by Ray Charles except as indicated.
The Genius of Ray Charles is the sixth studio album by American recording artist Ray Charles, released in 1959 by Atlantic Records. The album eschewed the soul sound of his 1950s recordings, which fused jazz, gospel, and blues, for swinging pop with big band arrangements. It comprises a first half of big band songs and a second half of string-backed ballads
With 1959’s The Genius of Ray Charles, the maestro produced a cinematic expansion of his rollicking, heartrending R&B. In the first half, big-band arrangements transform ’Deed I Do and Let the Good Times Roll from beat-up pickup trucks into shiny, new Cadillacs. In the second half, a string orchestra elevates ballads like Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying and Am I Blue into luxurious expressions of loss and loneliness. Through it all, Ray’s voice channels the rough-hewn emotion that was often lacking in an era of candy-flavored crooners
Complete your Ray Charles collection. I just picked up a copy of this album with the all black Atlantic labels. I don't see a listing here for this album with that label variation. Anyone know when that pressing might have been released? Répondre Voir 1 reponse Notifiez moi Helpful. référencement The Genius Of Ray Charles, LP, Album, RP, SD 1312.
The remaining six numbers are ballads, with Charles backed by a string orchestra arranged by Ralph Burns (including "Come Rain or Come Shine" and "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Cryin'"). Charles' voice is heard throughout in peak form, giving soul to even the veteran standards.
Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music. What'd I Say. The Genius After Hours. The Genius Sings the Blues. View All. Aretha Franklin. The Electrifying Aretha Franklin.
Ray Charles - Hallelujah I Love Her So (02:35, 192Kb/s). Ray Charles - A Fool for You (03:04, 192Kb/s). Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: The Genius - Ray Chales, Vol. 1 (2014).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Let The Good Times Roll
Arranged By – Quincy JonesWritten-By – Fleecie Moore, Sam Theard
|2||It Had To Be You
Arranged By – Ernie WilkinsWritten-By – Gus Kahn, Isham Jones
|3||Alexander's Ragtime Band
Arranged By – Ralph BurnsWritten-By – Irving Berlin
|4||Two Years Of Torture
Arranged By – Johnny AceaWritten-By – Charles Joseph Morris, Percy Mayfield
|5||When Your Lover Has Gone
Arranged By – Al CohnWritten-By – E. A. Swan*
|6||Deed I Do
Arranged By – Quincy JonesWritten-By – Fred Rose, Walter Hirsch
|7||Just For A Thrill
Arranged By – Ralph BurnsWritten-By – Don Raye, Lil Armstrong*
|8||You Won't Let Me Go
Arranged By – Ralph BurnsWritten By – Bud AllenWritten-By – Buddy Johnson
|9||Tell Me You'll Wait For Me
Arranged By – Ralph BurnsWritten-By – Charles Brown, Oscar Moore
|10||Don't Let The Sun Catch You Cryin'
Arranged By – Ralph BurnsWritten-By – Joe Greene
|11||Am I Blue
Arranged By – Ralph BurnsWritten-By – Grant Clarke, Harry Akst
|12||Come Rain Or Come Shine
Arranged By – Ralph BurnsWritten-By – Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Made By – WEA Manufacturing Inc.
- Published By – Cherio
- Published By – Remick
- Published By – Irving Berlin
- Published By – Venice
- Published By – Laurel Music
- Published By – Leeds
- Published By – New Era
- Published By – Progressive
- Published By – Northern
- Published By – Witmark
- Published By – A-M Music Corp.
- Alto Saxophone – Marshall Royal (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Baritone Saxophone – Bennie Crawford (tracks: 1 to 6), Charlie Fowlkes (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Bass – Eddie Jones (tracks: 1 to 6), Edgar Willis (tracks: 1 to 6), Wendell Marshall (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Bongos, Drums – Jose Mangual (tracks: 3)
- Concertmaster – Harry Lookofsky (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Cover, Design – Marvin Israel
- Cover, Photography By – Lee Friedlander
- Drums – Charlie Persip (tracks: 1 to 6), Teagle Fleming (tracks: 1 to 6), Ted Sommer* (tracks: 7 to 12)
- Engineer – Bill Schwartau, Tom Dowd
- Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Frank Wess (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Guitar – Allen Hanlon (tracks: 7 to 12), Freddie Green (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Piano, Vocals – Ray Charles (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Producer, Supervised By – Jerry Wexler, Nesuhi Ertegun
- Sleeve Notes – Nat Hentoff
- Tenor Saxophone – Billy Mitchell (tracks: 2, 4, 5), David Newman* (tracks: 1 to 6), Paul Gonsalves (tracks: 1 to 6), Zoot Sims (tracks: 1, 3, 6)
- Trombone – Al Gray* (tracks: 1 to 6), Bob Brookmeyer (tracks: 7 to 12), Melba Liston (tracks: 1 to 6), Quentin Jackson (tracks: 1 to 6), Thomas Mitchell (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Trumpet – Clark Terry (tracks: 1 to 6), Ernie Royal (tracks: 1 to 6), Joe Newman (tracks: 1 to 6), John Hunt (tracks: 1 to 6), Marcus Belgrave (tracks: 1 to 6), Snooky Young (tracks: 1 to 6)
NotesFeatures a couple songs arrange by Quincy Jones.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7567-81338-2 4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): [Wea Mfg Olyphant logo] Y14316 C1 3 1312-2 RE-1 01 M1S4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 3 1312-2 SRC-02 M1 S2
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): ifpi L903
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2UT3
|SD 1312||Ray Charles||The Genius Of Ray Charles (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 1312||US||1959|
|1312, 0081227944490||Ray Charles||The Genius Of Ray Charles (LP, Album, Mono, RE, RM, 180)||Atlantic, Atlantic, Rhino Vinyl||1312, 0081227944490||Europe||2019|
|SD 1312||Ray Charles||The Genius Of Ray Charles (LP, Album, TP)||Atlantic||SD 1312||US||1962|
|1312||Ray Charles||The Genius Of Ray Charles (LP, Album, Mono)||Atlantic||1312||US||1959|
|R1 1312||Ray Charles||The Genius Of Ray Charles (LP, 180)||Rhino Vinyl||R1 1312||US||2009|