Turisas - The Varangian Way FLAC album
This is the 2nd studio album by the band Turisas. This is the 2nd studio album by the band Turisas.
The Varangian Way. Лицензиар. 10 видео Воспроизвести все The Vrangian Way Full album (HQ)Juan Núñez.
Альбом · 2007 · Песен: 8. Доступно с подпиской на Apple Music. Бесплатная пробная подписка.
The Varangian Way is the second full-length album by the Finnish folk metal band Turisas, released on May 27, 2007 through Century Media. It is a concept album that tells the story of a group of Scandinavians traveling the river routes of medieval Kievan Rus' (territory of modern Belarus, Ukraine and Russia), through Ladoga, Novgorod and Kiev, down to the Eastern Roman Empire. To Holmgard and Beyond" – 5:17.
Turisas' second studio album The Varangian Way is a concept album that tells the story of a group of Scandinavians travelling the river routes of medieval Russia, through Ladoga, Novgorod and Kiev to the Byzantine Empire. Their third album, Stand Up and Fight, describes the history of the Varangian Guard's service to the Byzantine Empire. Bearded axe-wielding Easterlings known as "Variags" appear in Tolkien's fantasy novel The Return of the King. In the PC game series Mount & Blade, the name and location of the Vaegirs echos the Varangians. Track 5 of Amon Amarth's seventh studio album Twilight of the Thunder God has the title "Varyags of Miklagaard". Track 2 of Grand Magus's eight studio album Sword Songs is titled "Varangian". Varangian soldiers are a common enemy in the video game Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
Album Name The Varangian Way. Type Album. 版公司 Century Media EMI Records Magic Arts Publishing.
Turisas - The Varangian Way (2007). Songs in album Turisas - The Varangian Way (2007). 1. To Holmgard and Beyond.
Like everything on Varangian Way, it strikes the perfect balance between power metal, folk and symphonic metal, and while some listeners may be put off by all of the Renaissance Fair excess or the concept of grown men in pelts singing "Come with us to the south/write your name on our roll," they need not worry, as this delicious feast of strong. ale, stale bread, and "flesh from the beasts that stalk us in the night" wasn't made for them.
The Varangian Way (2007) by Turisas. Labels: Century Media Records. Genres: Folk Metal, Symphonic Metal. Songs: To Holmgard And Beyond, A Portage To The Unknown, Cursed Be Iron, Fields Of Gold, In The Court Of Jarisleif, Five Hundred And On. .Rex Regi Rebellis (Finnish Version) (7:11) 11. Battle Metal (Enhanced video - live at San Festival 2006). 2). Megametal (85/100).
The Varangian Way was recorded in Hämeenlinna, Finland, and released on 27th May 2007. The album peaked at on the Finnish Album charts in 2007. The Varangian Way is a concept album, telling the story of Hakon and his Viking crew on their journey through Europe. It also loosely follows the story of Harald Hadrada. The Varangian Way Q&A. Producers Janne Saska & Mathias Nygård. Show all albums by Turisas.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||To Holmgard And Beyond||5:18|
|2||A Portage To The Unknown||4:50|
|3||Cursed Be Iron
Lyrics By – Elias LönnrotTranslated By [English] – John Martin Crawford
|4||Fields Of Gold||4:33|
|5||In The Court Of Jarisleif||3:15|
|6||Five Hundred And One||6:18|
|7||The Dnieper Rapids||5:20|
|9||To Holmgard And Beyond (Single Edit)||3:29|
|10||Rex Regi Rebellis (Finnish Version)||7:11|
|Video||Battle Metal (Live At Party San Festival 2006)|
- Accordion – Lisko
- Acoustic Guitar – Janne Saksa
- Artwork By – John Coulthart
- Backing Vocals – Hannes Horma, Janne Saksa
- Bass – Hannes Horma
- Choir [Mixed Classical] – Anna-Maija Kujanpää, Anu Hostikka, Ari Tuunanen, Eeva-Maija Setälä, Elina Laitinen, Elina Tanner, Heikki Sainio, Irene Kuusirati-Mäkipää, Janne Saksa, Jari Mattila, Jenna Saksa, Johanna Laukkanen, Juha Hostikka, Juha-Pekka Niemelä, Mathias Nygård, Miia Ehrukainen, Mikko Kankainen, Outi Kaleva, Salla Liusvaara, Tytti Vänskä, Veera Heino
- Choir [The Varangian] – Ami Koivistoinen, Antti Paranko, Antti Ventola, Hannes Horma, Jaakko Kunnas, Jussi Wickström, Lisko, Mathias Nygård, Olli Vänskä, Perttu Vänskä, Tude Lehtonen
- Co-producer – Janne Saksa
- Drums – Tude Lehtonen
- Engineer – Jukka Vierimaa, Matias Kupiainen, Teemu Lchtonen*
- Guitar – Jussi Wickström
- Lyrics By – Mathias Nygård (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 9)
- Mastered By – Mika Jussila
- Mixed By – Teropekka Virtanen
- Music By – Jussi Wickström (tracks: 3), Lisko (tracks: 5), Mathias Nygård, Olli Vänskä (tracks: 5, 6)
- Narrator – Jonathan Hutchings
- Photography – Steve Brown
- Producer – Mathias Nygård
- Recorded By – Janne Saksa
- Violin – Olli Vänskä
- Vocals – Mathias Nygård
- Vocals [Guest] – Antti Paranko
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4527313012712
- Other (SID Code Presswork): IFPI 4847
- Other (SID Code CD-Master): IFPI L304
|77580-2||Turisas||The Varangian Way (CD, Album)||Century Media||77580-2||Europe||2007|
|ICARUS 370||Turisas||The Varangian Way (CD, Album)||Icarus Music||ICARUS 370||Argentina||2007|
|77726-8||Turisas||The Varangian Way (CD, Album + DVD-V + Ltd, Dig)||Century Media||77726-8||Europe||2007|
|77580-1||Turisas||The Varangian Way (LP, Album + CD, Album)||Century Media||77580-1||Germany||2007|
|77683-2P||Turisas||Excerpts From "The Varangian Way" (CD, Maxi, Promo)||Century Media||77683-2P||Germany||2007|