Albert Ayler - The Complete ESP-Disk' Recordings FLAC album
Collects all four Albert Ayler releases originally issued by ESP: Spiritual Unity, Bells, New York Eye And Ear Control and Spirits Rejoice. All 4 CD's come in a heavy duty deluxe box.
Albert Ayler's short but definitive album Bells covers about 20 minutes of music from his legendary Town Hall/N. concert on May Day of 1965. It is not surprising to hear the angst and anguish in their music, considering it was made about five weeks after Black nationalist leader Malcolm X was assassinated
Your current browser isn't compatible with SoundCloud. Please download one of our supported browsers. Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated?
Released: October 18, 2005.
Download the latest CD covers and DVD Covers.
Albert Ayler (/ˈaɪlər/; July 13, 1936 – November 25, 1970) was an American avant-garde jazz saxophonist, singer and composer. After early experience playing R&B and bebop, Ayler began recording music during the free jazz era of the 1960s. However, some critics argue that while Ayler's style is undeniably original and unorthodox, it does not adhere to the generally accepted critical understanding of free jazz.
The music has all been remastered. The four albums issued under his name are all here. What is not here is anything extra whatsoever. This means that everything is presented here exactly as it was on the original LPs. "Bells" is still 20-minutes long on its own CD. This set is issued by Abraxas-ESP and is licensed, but for those Ayler fans who have been listening to these recordings for years - what's the point? Sure, they sound good
ESP Disk US. Albert AYLER. The Complete ESP Disk Recordings.
The Complete ESP-Disk Recordings. 3 Spirits Albert Ayler 가사 재생. 4 Ghosts Albert Ayler 가사 재생. 6 Dons Dawn Albert Ayler 가사 재생. 7 Ay Albert Ayler 가사 재생. 8 Itt Albert Ayler 가사 재생. 9 Spirits Rejoice Albert Ayler 가사 재생.
4007 Frank Wright - The Complete ESP-Disk' Recordings. 4008 Pharaoh Sanders - Pharaoh Sanders Quintet. 4025 Albert Ayler - Slug's Saloon. ESP-Disk is a New York-based record company and label founded in 1964 by lawyer Bernard Stollman. Though it originally existed to release Esperanto-based music, starting with its second release (Albert Ayler's Spiritual Unity), ESP became the most important exponent of what is commonly referred to as free jazz. ESP also released recordings by uncommercial underground rock acts including the Fugs, The Godz and Pearls Before Swine. Bernard Stollman faced allegations of not paying royalties to the artists that were signed to ESP-Disk
|1-1||Ghosts: First Variation||5:14|
|1-4||Ghosts: Second Variation||10:02|
|New York Eye And Ear Control|
- Alto Saxophone – John Tchicai
- Art Direction [Art Director] – Jay Dillon (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Bass – Gary Peacock (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4, 3-1 to 3-3), Henry Grimes (tracks: 4-1 to 4-5), Lewis Worrell (tracks: 2-1)
- Cover – Sandra H. Stollman* (tracks: 4-1 to 4-5)
- Design [Cover] – Jordan Matthews (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Drums – Sunny Murray (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4), Sonny Murray* (tracks: 3-1 to 3-3)
- Engineer – David Hancock (tracks: 4-1 to 4-5), Richard L. Alderson* (tracks: 2-1)
- Harpsichord – Call Cobbs (tracks: 4-1 to 4-5)
- Illustration [Cover] – Howard Bernstein (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Percussion – Sonny Murray* (tracks: 2-1), Sunny Murray (tracks: 4-1 to 4-5)
- Saxophone – Albert Ayler, Charles Tyler (tracks: 2-1, 4-1 to 4-5)
- Trombone – Roswell Rudd
- Trumpet – Don Cherry (tracks: 3-1 to 3-3), Donald Ayler (tracks: 2-1, 4-1 to 4-5)
NotesCollects all four Albert Ayler releases originally issued by ESP: Spiritual Unity, Bells, New York Eye And Ear Control and Spirits Rejoice.
All 4 CD's come in a heavy duty deluxe box.