B.T. Express - 1980 FLAC album
Express - Stretch (1980).
Express – 1980 (Takin' Off, Heart Of Fire and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Do you know any background info about this album?
Released 1980, Columbia JC 36333. Matrix, Runout: BL 36333. If you’ve never listened to a record by . Express, this probably isn’t the place to start. Not that it is a bad album, it’s just not a really good album – but the good cuts on it are pretty damn good. The quintessential 1970s funk sound of the band’s classic years is being updated for a new era here, complete with futuristic themes in the cover art and a little bit of the music. Take the opening cut, Taking Off!, which appears to be about getting an aerobic workout in outer space.
Express (originally named Brooklyn Transit Express) was an American funk/disco group, that had a number of successful songs during the 1970s. The group was part of the "Brooklyn sound" of the early 1970s, formed from three players of the group King Davis House Rockers.
Label: Lexington – LEX-1981. Format: CD, Album, Reissue.
All formats Album CD CD Album CD Single CD Maxi Vinyl records LP 7 inchs 7 inchs (SP) 7 inchs (EP) 12 inchs 78 rpm 10 inchs DVD VHS Cassette Clothing T-Shirt Others.
Express on WhoSampled. Discover all of this album's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and download. Give Up the Funk (Let's Dance). was sampled in. Step Back in Time by Kylie Minogue (1990). Plumpy Chunks by Plump DJs (1999). Jovanotti Sound by Jovanotti (1988). see 4 more connections.
Express Title: 1980 Year Of Release: 1980 Label: Columbia Genre: Soul, Funk, Disco Quality: FLAC (image+. 01 - Takin' Off (3:52) 02 - Heart Of Fire (3:52) 03 - Does It Feel Good (5:43) 04 - Give Up The Funk (Let's Dance) (6:25) 05 - Closer (3:35) 06 - Have Some Fun (5:23) 07 - Better Late Than Never (5:33) 08 - Funk Theory (4:22).
Album · 1979 · 8 Songs. See All. Keep It Up. 1981. Do It ('Til You're Satisfied).
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – M. Brown*
|A2||Heart Of Fire
Written-By – P. Henderson*
|A3||Does It Feel Good
Written-By – W. Hall Jr.*
|A4||Give Up The Funk (Let's Dance)
Arranged By [Horns] – Carlos WardDrums [Additional] – Tyrone "Turkey" GovaneEngineer [Assistant] – Doug Grinburgs*, Matthew WeinerKeyboards [Additional] – John Adams*Mixed By [Additional] – Michael HutchinsonWritten-By – C. Ward*
Written-By – M. Durio*
|B2||Have Some Fun
Written-By – C. Ward*
|B3||Better Late Than Never
Written-By – J. Rasool*
Written-By – B. Blue*, G. Shury*, R. Rokeo*
- Alto Saxophone, Flute – Carlos Ward
- Arranged By [Horns, Rhythm, Strings], Conductor, Keyboards, Synthesizer – Gary Scott*
- Arranged By [Rhythm, Vocals] – B.T. Express
- Bass, Lead Vocals – Jamal Rasool
- Concertmaster – Marcy Dicterow
- Drums – Buddy Williams
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ben Wisch, Karl Westman, Michael Ruffo
- Executive Producer – Fred Frank
- Guitar, Lead Vocals – Rick Thompson*
- Keyboards [Additional] – Howard Westley "Butch" Stevens
- Lead Guitar, Vocals – Wesley "Pike" Hall, Jr.*
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By [Additional] – Gerry Block
- Percussion, Vocals – Dennis Rowe
- Producer, Arranged By [Rhythm, Vocals] – Morrie Brown
- Recorded By [Additional] – Gary Skardina
- Recorded By [Horns, Strings] – Ryan Ulyate
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Alan Meyerson, Gary Chester
- Tenor Saxophone, Vocals – Bill Risbrook
|JC 36333||B.T. Express||1980 (LP, Album)||Columbia||JC 36333||US||1980|
|UVPR-10134||B.T. Express||1980 + 6 (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Octave Lab, Roadshow||UVPR-10134||Japan||2018|
|LEX-1981||B.T. Express||1980 (CD, Album, RE)||Lexington||LEX-1981||Japan||1997|
|CABLP 5002||B.T. Express||1980 (LP, Album)||Calibre, PRT||CABLP 5002||UK||1980|
|JCT 36333, 36333||B.T. Express||1980 (Cass, Album)||Columbia, Columbia||JCT 36333, 36333||US||1980|