Hartmut Geerken, John Tchicai, Famoudou Don Moye - Cassava Balls FLAC album
Cassava Balls Famoudou Don Moye. Races Places Faces and Asses. Hartmut Geerken, John Tchicai, Famoudou Don Moye. 7. Cassava Snake One Pot.
Cassava Snake One Pot (06:46). 8. Mikel Black (06:16). 9. Rosty Metal (08:37). Total playtime 01:04:36. Drums, Bongos, Congas, Talking Drum, Conche, Bells, Saka, Bird Calls, Oooting, Voice – Famoudou Don Moye. Piano, Piano Prepared, Gongs, Peking Opera Gongs, Angklung, Whistles, Bells, Afghan Monkey Drums, Swarmandel, Claves, Wood Blocks, Temple Blocks, Maracas, Rattles, Mokattam Pot Rattles, Agogô, Wether Bell, Elephant Bell, Castanets, Shortwave Radios, Tibetan Horn, Chinkas, Boochals, Balloons, Water Basin, Zummarah, Singin Tube, Ooting, Voice – Hartmut Geerken.
Hartmut Geerken, John Tchicai, and Famoudou Don Moye are all masters of improvisation and of deeply-felt music that smolders with passionate zeal. This disc was recorded live at the "Praxis '85" festival in Athens, Greece on May 8, 1985, a night when, by the sound of things, each man was in thorough musical command. They begin at the absolute height, and then fill the rest of the night with other colors.
Drums, Bongos, Congas, Talking Drum, Conch, Bells, Performer, Voice – Famoudou Don Moye. Engineer – George Ergomenides. Liner Notes – Hartmut Geerken. Liner Notes – Isabel Seeberg. Photography By – Agis Kelpekis.
This two-CD live sequel to Cassava Balls (Golden Years of New Jazz 4) captures the flavor of the trio's tour of Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Liberia in the spring of 1985. The exquisite percussion of Famoudou Don Moye (of the Art Ensemble of Chicago) and Hartmut Geerken colors every tune with a Dionysian joy. John Tchicai blows hard and convincingly, as he belts out simple riffs and improvises melodically and passionately. Locals, including children and accomplished percussionists, occasionally join the trio, and the native influences are always apparent
Ships Free in the . Artist: Hartmut Geerken, John Tchicai, Famoudou Don Moye Genre: Jazz Release Date: 12/14/1999 Label: Golden Years Of New Jazz Catalog Number: GY 4 Recording: Studio Length: 01:04:34 Format: CD. Dig-Deeper. Orpheus (LP) Hartmut Geerken. Live In Kabul 1976 (LP) Hartmut Geerken. Cassava Balls (CD) Hartmut Geerken.
) Hartmut Geerken, John Tchicai, Famoudou Don Moye. 3 4 BASTA Contrabass (1905). At the Medieval Castle Nineteen 100-Year Lifetimes Since. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (9/16/74: Take 5).
Hartmut Geerken, John Tchicai, Famoudou Don Moye.
The original LP was released on the Praxis label in 1985. This CD comprises nine compositions including three previously unissued bonus tracks, documenting the live performance of the trio at the Praxis '85 festival in Athens. Liner notes by Hartmut Geerken. The total time is 64'43. Сайт leo records ссылка . вернуться в каталог. Всё " 1. @ a b C D e f g h I j k L M n o p q r s t u V w y z. А б в г д е ж з и к л м н о п р с т у ф х ч ш э ю я.
The African Tapes Volume 1 (with John Tchicai - Hartmut Geerken) is a avant-garde jazz music live album recording by FAMOUDOU DON MOYE released in 1987 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. Moye, famoudou Don For Bobo Other Modern Jazz Records. Sun Percussion Volume 1 AECO.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Patriotic Poem Number One Forty Years After
Written-By – H. Geerken*
Written-By – F. D. Moye*, H. Geerken*
|3||Races Places Faces And Asses
Written-By – F. D. Moye*
Written-By – C. Parker*
Written-By – A. Ayler*
Written-By – H. Geerken*
|7||Cassava Snake One Pot
Written-By – F. D. Moye*, H. Geerken*, J. Tchicai*
Written-By – J. Tchicai*
Written-By – J. Tchicai*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Golden Years Of New Jazz
- Copyright (c) – Golden Years Of New Jazz
- Pressed By – Kdg
- Published By – Alissa Publishing
- Published By – AECO Publ.
- Published By – Marada Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Orpheus Theater
- Design – Lora Denis
- Drums, Bongos, Congas, Talking Drum, Conch [Conche], Bells, Performer [Saka, Bird Calls, Oooting], Voice – Famoudou Don Moye
- Engineer [Recording] – George Ergomenides
- Liner Notes – Hartmut Geerken
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – Isabel Seeberg
- Photography By [Photos] – Agis Kelpekis
- Piano, Piano [Prepared], Gong [Gongs], Gong [Peking Opera Gongs], Angklung, Whistle [Whistles], Bells, Drums [Afghan Monkey Drums], Swarmandel, Claves, Wood Block [Wood Blocks], Temple Block [Temple Blocks], Maracas, Rattle [Rattles], Rattle [Mokattam Pot Rattles], Agogô, Bells [Wether Bell, Elephant Bell], Castanets, Electronics [Shortwave Radios], Horn [Tibetan Horn], Performer [Chinkas, Boochals, Balloons, Water Basin, Zummarah, Singing Tube, Ooting], Voice – Hartmut Geerken
- Producer [Original Recording And LP Produced By] – Kostas Yiannoulopoulos
- Producer [Produced By] – Leo Feigin
- Remastered By – Mick Ritchie
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax], Percussion, Handclaps [Hand Clapping], Performer [Ooting], Voice – John Tchicai
NotesRecorded live at "Praxis '85" festival at Orpheus Theater, Athens, Greece, May 8, 1985.
Released with three bonus tracks previously unissued ("Mohawk", "Mothers" & "Marconison").
Total time: 64:34
Comes in a 6-panel cardboard digisleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 024792 400027
- Label Code: LC 5417
- Matrix / Runout (twice): manufactured by [logo]kdg
- Matrix / Runout: 828.622.000.000.4 #1
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L172
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 3067
- Rights Society (Geerken, Ayler): GEMA
- Rights Society (Tchicai): KODA
- Rights Society (Alissa Publishing): PRS
- Rights Society (Moye): ASCAP
|CM 111||Hartmut Geerken - Famoudou Don Moye - John Tchicai||Hartmut Geerken - Famoudou Don Moye - John Tchicai - Cassava Balls (LP)||Praxis||CM 111||Greece||1985|