Ian Matthews - Valley Hi FLAC album
Авторы текста и музыки. WMG; CMRRA, LatinAutor - UMPG, BMI - Broadcast Music In. LatinAutor, UMPG Publishing, UBEM" и другие авторские общества (3).
Album · 1972 · 10 Songs. Rhino Hi-Five: Ian Matthews - EP. 2007.
Stream Valley Hi, a playlist by Ian Matthews from desktop or your mobile device.
Iain Matthews (born Ian Matthews MacDonald, 16 June 1946) is an English musician and singer-songwriter. He was an original member of the British folk rock band Fairport Convention from 1967 to 1969 before leaving and forming his own band, Matthews Southern Comfort, which had a UK number one in 1970 with a cover version of Joni Mitchell's song "Woodstock".
Guitar, Vocals – Ian Matthews. Keyboards – David Barry. Photography By – Paul Slaughter. Photography By – John Paul Endress. Producer – Michael Nesmith. Steel Guitar, Dobro – . Valley Hi (LP, Album).
Though he has since stated his dissatisfaction with the album, Valley Hi nonetheless remains among Ian Matthews' finest.
Valley Hi albümüne ait şarkıları görebilir ve dinleyebilirsiniz. En çok dinlenen, en popüler şarkıcılar, albümler ve şarkılar muzikdinle. There's an omen in the sky today Keep on, keep on sailin' I could always say I told you so Though I know you didn't try. There's a spirit in the wind today Keep on, keep on sailin' Brother, can you feel Déjà vu goin' on through your bones ? I know the number You can't make it on your own And I saw the thunder It fell down on the way home. There's a Carolina moon today Keep on, keep on sailin' More the reason be your fadin' now But you'll be back again someday
Ian Matthews is an English musician, best known as a drummer for Kasabian. Prior to Kasabian he played with a number of local Bristol bands, such as K'Passa, Ilya and Milk. He met Kasabian when they were recording their first single "Processed Beats" in Bristol.
Ian Matthews, ‘Valley Hi’. On this record, Ian Matthews, veteran of legendary British folk group Fairport Convention, teamed up with producer Michael Nesmith of the Monkees. The appealing result gave Matthews' folk repertoire a high-gloss sonic sheen, but like most of Matthews' work, it was not a hit. He kept recording and also did A&R for the new age label Windham Hill. The arrangement of the song "Seven Bridges Road" here caught the attention of the Eagles, who used it as a frequent concert opener and a hit single.
Ian Matthews – Valley Hi. Matthews signed to Elektra as part of Plainsong. When their second album was rejected, he was offered a solo deal and placed with y-mogul Mike Nesmith to produce songs by Richard Thompson, Jackson Browne and other notables. A pleasant country-rock collection resulted, but Matthews’ voice seems underwhelmed by and unsuited to the sound.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Keep On Sailing
Written-By – Ian Matthews*
|A2||Old Man At The Mill
Arranged By – Matthews*Written-By – Traditional
Written-By – Richard Thompson
Written-By – Jackson Browne
Written-By – Ian Matthews*
|B1||7 Bridges Road
Written-By – Steve Young
|B2||Save Your Sorrows
Written-By – Ian Matthews*
|B3||What Are You Waiting For
Written-By – Randy Newman
Written-By – Michael Nesmith
|B5||Blue Blue Day
Written-By – Don Gibson
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra Records
- Recorded At – The Countryside Studio
- Mastered At – Elektra Sound Recorders
- Record Company – Elektra Records
- Published By – Hara Kiri Music Ltd.
- Published By – Ackee Music, Inc.
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Published By – UFO Music, Inc.
- Published By – Companion Music
- Published By – Open Window Music
- Published By – Irving Music, Inc.
- Published By – January Music Corp.
- Published By – Screen Gems-Columbia Music, Inc.
- Published By – Acuff Rose Publications, Inc.
- Art Direction – Robert L. Heimall
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Bruce Atkins
- Bass, Fiddle – Billy Graham*
- Drums – Danny Lane
- Engineer – Fritz Richmond, Terry Dunavan
- Fiddle – Byron Berline
- Guitar – Jay Lacy, Bobby Warford*
- Guitar, Vocals – Ian Matthews*
- Keyboards – David Barry
- Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Paul Slaughter
- Photography By [Inside Cover Photo] – John Paul Endress
- Producer, Guitar – Michael Nesmith
- Steel Guitar [Steel], Dobro – O.J. "Red" Rhodes*
NotesColumbia Records pressing - likely Pitman, since no ID but the Columbia "" stroke is found in runouts.
Packaged in a gatefold cover.
"PROMOTION COPY NOT FOR SALE" - sticker on cover
"RADIO STATION COPY" - black text on white labels
Dedicated to Chris - For Tearing Up Her Roots
Michael Nesmith - Courtesy of R.C.A. Records
Red Rhodes - Courtesy of Countryside Records
Byron Berline - Courtesy of United Artists Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Side A, On Label): EKS-75061-A
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Side B, On Label): EKS-75061-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, Etched): EKS 75061 A-4 RE ESR-PC
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, Etched): EKS 75061 B-7 RE ESR-PC
- Rights Society (A1, A2, A5, B2): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A3, A4, B1, B3 to B5): BMI
|EKS-75061||Ian Matthews*||Valley Hi (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||EKS-75061||US||1973|
|P-4717E||Ian Matthews*||Valley Hi (LP, Album, RE)||Elektra||P-4717E||Japan||1981|
|EKS-75061||Ian Matthews*||Valley Hi (LP, Album)||Elektra||EKS-75061||Canada||1973|
|EKS-75061||Ian Matthews*||Valley Hi (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||EKS-75061||Canada||1973|
|7559-61168-2||Ian Matthews*||Valley Hi (CD, Album)||Elektra||7559-61168-2||Germany||Unknown|