Long John Hunter - Border Town Legend FLAC album
The state51 Conspiracy (от лица компании "Alligator Records"); Rumblefish (Publishing), BMI - Broadcast Music In. и другие авторские общества (5).
CD - Alligator Records 4839). Working with a horn section, he still manages to make himself the most powerful element on the record - both his guitar playing and his heated vocals ensure that.
To this day, Long John can work a crowd like few other musicians - and in the '90s, for the first time ever, he's started being seen and heard by more than a lucky few in the Lone Star State. King show in Beaumont, Texas (where Hunter was then working in a box factory).
That's where the guitarist reigned for 13 years (beginning in 1957) at Juarez's infamous Lobby Bar. Its riotous, often brawling clientele included locals, cowboys, soldiers from nearby Fort Bliss, frat boys, and every sort of troublemaking tourist in between. Hunter kept 'em all entertained with his outrageous showmanship and slashing guitar riffs. The Louisiana native got a late start on his musical career
Hunter appeared at the Long Beach Blues Festival in 1996 and 2000 His last album was Looking for a Party 2009. He died on January 4, 2016, at his home in Phoenix, Arizona. a b "El Paso Music Legend Long John Hunter Dies" El Paso Times, January 5, 2016 Retrieved January 5, 2016. a b c "Long John Hunter" Centrohdcom Retrieved September 13, 2011.
Long John Hunter was a legend in El Paso and Juárez from the 1950s through the '70s, and later found international fame.
|6||Grits Ain't Groceries||2:53|
|8||Rooster And The Hen||5:42|
|9||Lone Star Shootout||4:07|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Alligator Records & Artist Management, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Alligator Records & Artist Management, Inc.
- Baritone Saxophone – Red Rails
- Bass – Dave Keown, Sarah Brown
- Drums – Kevin Taylor
- Guitar – Derek O'Brien , Jake Andrews , Joseph J. Kelly, Long John Hunter, Michael Henry Martin
- Organ – D.B. Cooper
- Piano – Johnny Nicholas
- Tenor Saxophone – Art Lewis, Kaz Kazanoff*
- Trumpet – Keith Winking, Martin Banks
- Vocals – Hunter Hamonettes, Long John Hunter
NotesDistributed In Greece A&N Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 14551-4839-2 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 014551483922
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): ALCD4839 Y5C15C
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L532
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 9216
|KICP 532||Long John Hunter||Border Town Legend (CD, Album)||Alligator Records||KICP 532||Japan||1996|