Dir en grey - Gauze FLAC album
Dir En Grey Gauze Full Album Opinion. Absolutely incredible.
Japanese Rock Band, DIR EN GREY OFFICIAL WEB SITE. LATEST NEWS, TOUR, RELEASE, BIOGRAPHY, FAN CLUB, MOBILE, and STORE.
Gauze is the first studio album released by Dir En Grey on July 28, 1999. It is the band's first full-length record. Five tracks were produced by X Japan co-founder Yoshiki Hayashi, all of which had been previously released as singles. The album was originally released on July 28, 1999 as a standard version with a thick CD case, 36-page booklet with the CD reading surface painted red, through East West Japan.
Listen free to DIR EN GREY – GAUZE (GAUZE -mode of adam-, Schweinの椅子 and more). GAUZE is the first studio album released by Dir en grey on July 28, 1999. It is the band's first full-length record after their debut EP MISSA was released in 1997. Five tracks were produced by X Japan co-founder Yoshiki Hayashi, all of which had been previously released as singles: ゆらめき (Yurameki), 残-ZAN-, アクロの丘 (Akuro no Oka), Cage, and 予感 (Yokan). The album was later re-issued on October 31, 2001 through Free-Will
A&R – Motoya Shiraishi. Arranged By – Dir en grey, YOSHIKI (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12). Arranged By – Shelly Berg (tracks: 6, 12), Tom Halm (tracks: 6, 12), YOSHIKI (tracks: 6, 12). Art Direction, Design – Michio. Gauze (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, Gat).
Band Name Dir En Grey. 版公司 Free Will Firewall Div.
I want you to imagine this because that is what Dir en Grey’s GAUZE is; that room inside your head where you keep the darkest parts of yourself, but expressed as music. Music wise, GAUZE is not the Dir en Grey that death metal enthusiasts have come to love. Rather it sees Dir en Grey begin their career tastefully and masterfully welding together pretty and glamorous alt rock with rough and incomplete heavy metal
This is the discography of Dir En Grey, a Japanese rock band. They have recorded ten original studio albums, three EPs and twenty nine singles in their twenty-one years together. Each of the band's releases has charted on Japan's Oricon charts. Dir En Grey made their earliest releases as an independent band with Free-Will, eventually signing a temporary deal with Warner Music Japan.
Dir en grey - Zan (PV). As for the second stand out track, アクロの丘, I do believe this one is a must listen for anyone who’s interested.
Gauze is a wonderful album. It was the first Dir en Grey album I ever heard and I still listen to it periodically to this day. Whenever I listen to this album I find it hard to believe that this is the same band that put out Withering to Death and Vulgar. Don't get me wrong, this is still dark rock music. You can also hear hints of the direction that Dir en Grey would later go in on this album. With that said, when listening to Gauze it is important to analyze the album from a different perspective. Do not try to find a word to define what you are hearing, just accept that it is unique. If you are looking for something that may have influenced this album, then look no further than Luna Sea and X-Japan. Unlike Vulgar and Six Ugly, Gauze is an album that cannot be defined by western standards. This album has a number of pop hits along with some of Dir en Grey's most experimental material.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Gauze -Mode Of Adam-|
Chorus – Matsuyama*, Mikio*, Okuyama, Ōsaka*, Shintani, You , Zigyaku, バンチUFO
Mixed By – Joe Chicarelli*
Mixed By – Eric Westfall
|C1||Mazohyst Of Decadence
Chorus – Kazue Tatsumi
Mixed By – Bill Kennedy
Mixed By – Stan Katayama
|D3||Gauze -Mode Of Eve-|
- A&R – Motoya Shiraishi
- Arranged By – Dir en grey, YOSHIKI (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12)
- Arranged By [Strings] – Shelly Berg (tracks: 6, 12), Tom Halm (tracks: 6, 12), YOSHIKI (tracks: 6, 12)
- Art Direction, Design – Michio
- Bass – Toshiya
- Co-producer – Mr. Yamazaki* (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12)
- Co-producer [Assistant Producer] – Oh!Masanori san "マー君"* (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13)
- Composed By – Die (tracks: 2, 5, 9), Dir en grey (tracks: 1, 13), 薫* (tracks: 6 to 8, 10 to 12), Shinya (tracks: 3, 4), Toshiya (tracks: 4)
- Crew – Ken Koike
- Drums – Shinya
- Engineer [Assistant] – Andy Ackland (tracks: 9), Dokk Knight (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12), Eric Ackland (tracks: 6), Junya Endo (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13), Kazuhiro Takai (tracks: 9), Ken Hiranai (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13), Rie Yoshida (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 to 10, 13), Satomi Hasegawa (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13), Scott Savage (tracks: 3, 11, 12), Stephen Galicia (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12), Tal Miller (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12), Yoshinori Isowaki (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13)
- Executive-Producer – DYNAMITE TOMMY, Norio Higuchi, Takeyasu Hashizume, Toshiyuki Takano
- Guitar – Die , 薫*
- Management – Atsushi Inoue, Hiroyuki Kobayashi
- Mastered By – Shigeo Miyamoto (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 to 10, 13), Steven Marcussen* (tracks: 3, 6, 11, 12)
- Mixed By – Yuji Sugiyama (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 to 10, 13)
- Other [Hair & Make-up] – Atsushi Yamaguchi, Shinnosuke Yamada
- Other [Model Hair] – Nishimura
- Other [Model Make-up] – Imakita
- Other [Model Styling] – Ogura
- Other [Model] – Kairit
- Other [Promotion Staff] – Ken Fujii
- Other [Styling] – Sawako Sato
- Producer – YOSHIKI (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12)
- Producer [Vocals] – Toru Yamazaki (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13)
- Programmed By – Brian Fedirko (tracks: 3, 6, 11, 12), Dan Trollinger (tracks: 3, 6, 11, 12), Simeon Spiegel (tracks: 3, 11, 12), YOSHIKI (tracks: 3, 6, 11, 12)
- Recorded By – Eric Westfall (tracks: 6, 9), Jason Mauza (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 11, 12), Simeon Spiegel (tracks: 6, 9), Stan Katayama (tracks: 3, 11, 12), Yuji Sugiyama (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13)
- Technician [Bass] – Shoji Mizumori
- Technician [Drum] – Koji Imamura
- Technician [Guitar] – Kazumi Araki
- Technician [Sound Architect] – Yoshihisa "サウンド奉行" Shirakawa* (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13)
- Voice, Lyrics By – 京*
NotesGiven out in a lottery to 100 people who sent in the entrance tickets included in the first press versions of the Cage and 予感 singles, attached to a postcard included in the first press version of GAUZE. 300 other people received a coin, 1000 other people received a set of three pictures from the jacket cover. Not for sale.
Recording and Mixing Studio: Warner Music Recording Studio, Greenbird Studio, One Voice Komazawa Recording Studios, Epicurus Studio, Tokyo bay Studio, Victor Studio
Recording Studio: One on One Recording North, L.A. (3, 6, 9, 11, 12)
Mixing Studio: One on one Recording South, L.A. ; One on One Recording North, L.A. (6, 11, 12); Warner Music Mastering, Japan
Mastering Studio: Precision Mastering, L.A. (3, 11, 12); A&M Mastering Studios, L.A. ; Victor Studio, Japan
Drum Loops : Lock Down Vol.1
Samples : X-Static Goldmine 2
Chorus : One on One Recording Studios Crew & George
|AMCM-4440||Dir en grey||Gauze (CD, Album, Ltd)||EastWest Japan||AMCM-4440||Japan||1999|
|FWR-030||Dir en grey||Gauze (CD, Album, RE)||Free-will||FWR-030||Japan||2001|
|AMCM-4440||Dir en grey||Gauze (CD, Album)||EastWest Japan||AMCM-4440||Japan||1999|
|MICP-0001||Dir en grey||Gauze (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Miya Records||MICP-0001||Taiwan||1999|
|NP-019||Dir en grey||Gauze (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Ever Anime International Records||NP-019||Taiwan||1999|