Philip Glass - A Descent Into The Maelström FLAC album
Philip Glass: A Descent into the Maelström.
A feature documentary about Philip Glass' "Descent into the Maelstrom" returning to it's origin and perfomred by the Arctic Philharmonic. Produced by Wegge Films and Beacon Isle Films. Visit glassmaelstrom.
Бронируйте отели онлайн на Booking.
A Descent into the Maelström, Edgar Allan Poe’s vertiginous short story of being swept into a huge and terrible whirlpool by a raging hurricane that the oldest seaman in Norway never experienced was transformed into a Musical Dance/Theatre piece by Philip Glass and collaborators, Molissa Fenley, set designer Eamon D’Arcy and theatre director Matthew Maguire. In 1986 Mr. Glass was commissioned by the Australian Dance Theatre to create and bring a piece to the Adelaide Festival of Arts in Adelaide, Australia . The new album features all new music including the world premiere recordings of new works by Philip Glass, Gavin Bryars, David Skidmore, Peter Martin, and Robert Dillon.
A Descent into the Maelström" is an 1841 short story by Edgar Allan Poe. In the tale, a man recounts how he survived a shipwreck and a whirlpool. It has been grouped with Poe's tales of ratiocination and also labeled an early form of science fiction. Inspired by the Moskstraumen, it is couched as a story within a story, a tale told at the summit of a mountain climb in Lofoten, Norway
He is Coerced to Look. feat: Philip Glass Ensemble. A Descent into the Maelstrom, ballet. 18. Hour of the Slack and Escape.
Album · 2002 · 18 Songs. 2002 Orange Mountain Music. More By The Philip Glass Ensemble. Koyaanisqatsi (Complete Original Soundtrack).
The edge of the whirl was represented by a broad belt of gleaming spray ; but no particle of this slipped into the mouth of the terrific funnel, whose interior, as far as the eye could fathom it, was a smooth, shining, and jet-black wall of water, inclined to the horizon at an angle of some forty-five degrees, speeding dizzily round an. This," said I at length, to the old man - "this can be nothing else than the great whirlpool of the Maelström. So it is sometimes termed," said he. "We Norwegians call it the Moskoe-ström, from the island of Moskoe in the midway.
By Philip Glass, Philip Glass Ensemble. Listen to A Descent into the Maelström in full in the this site app. Play on this site. 2017 Orange Mountain Music.
In 1986 Mr. Glass was commissioned to create and bring a piece to the Adelaide Festival of Arts in Adelaide, Australia. He chose to write a piece based on the Edgar Allan Poe short story "A Descent into the Maelström" and invited collaborators Molissa Fenley, set designer Eamon D’Arcy and theatre director Mathew McGuire to participate
Give Your Opinion on A Descent into the Maelström. Staff & Contributors // Site Forum // Contact us. Bands:.
|2||He Is Coerced To Look||2:08|
|8||On My Watch And Caught||2:10|
|9||The Hurricane And Recognition Of Death||2:55|
|10||The Entrance Of The Moon||3:03|
|12||They Enter The Stream||1:15|
|14||The Brother Becomes A Maniac||2:30|
|15||The First Mad Rush||2:14|
|16||Second Perception Of Light, Moon, Mist, And Rainbow||6:19|
|18||Hour Of The Slack And Escape||4:01|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Orange Mountain Music
- Copyright (c) – Orange Mountain Music
- Published By – Dunvagen Music Publishers, Inc.
- Recorded At – The Living Room
- Mixed At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Pressed By – U.S. Optical Disc, Inc.
- Conductor [Musical Director], Keyboards – Michael Riesman
- Engineer [Re-recording] – Don Christensen
- Flute, Clarinet [Bass] – Jack Kripl
- Keyboards – Martin Goldray
- Mixed By – Don Christensen, Hector Castillo, Michael Riesman
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Mario McNulty*
- Mixed By [House Mixer] – Dan Dryden, Kurt Munkacsi
- Music By, Keyboards – Philip Glass
- Performer – The Philip Glass Ensemble
- Producer [Mix] – Don Christensen
- Producer [Re-recording] – Kurt Munkacsi, Michael Riesman
- Saxophone – Richard Peck
- Saxophone, Flute – Jon Gibson
- Vocals – Dora Orhenstein*
NotesThe re-recording in New York was done at the Living Room Studio, June, 1986.
The mix was done at Looking Glass Studios in May 2002.
Catalog # OMM-0005 printed on disc
Catalog # 0005 printed on spine
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 801837000528
- Barcode (Text): 8 01837 00052 8
- Matrix / Runout: OMM-0005 <01> U.S. Optical Disc, Inc.
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LR00
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 1Z05