Cat Power - The Greatest FLAC album
Album: "The Greatest - Cat Power". Matador Records - Intended Play 2010.
Cat Power (Chan Marshall) live on Conan O'Brien in 2006. The Greatest is the seventh studio album by indie rock artist Chan Marshall, .
The Greatest is the seventh studio album by indie rock artist Chan Marshall, .
Красочные, яркие и привлекательные изображения с высоким разрешением ждут вас! · Более 2 млн. видео · Более 4,5 млн. эдиториал · Более 100 млн. фото
The Greatest is the seventh studio album by Cat Power, the stage name and eponymous band of American singer-songwriter Chan Marshall. All tracks on the album were written by Marshall, making it her first album not to include any cover songs. The Memphis Rhythm Band includes Roy Brewer, Teenie Hodges, Steve Potts, Dave Smith, Rick Steff, Doug Easley, Jim Spake, Scott Thompson and Susan Marshall. String arrangements were contributed by Harlan T. Bobo and Jonathan Kirkscey.
The title song from Cat Power’s blockbuster record The Greatest opens the album with the same halting, thick-fingered piano style Marshall has relied on since 2000’s The Covers Record, but here it’s swathed in Henry Mancini strings, teary delay effects, gently nudging drums, and Marshall’s own multi-tracked voice echoing her lead vocals like Mary and Flo on. the Supremes' loveliest ballads. The Greatest, with its evocative lyrics of nostalgia and regret is, like Colors and the Kids and Good Woman before it, bleakness at its most pristine. The Greatest" Track Info
The Greatest (CD, Album, RE, Jew). Matador, Playground Music Scandinavia. OLE 6942, 0744861069423. The Greatest (First Mastered Version) (CDr, Album, Promo). The Greatest (CD, Album, Jew).
The Greatest (no, it's not a hits collection) makes it clear just how much Chan Marshall grows with each album she releases. Three years on from You Are Free, she sounds reinvented yet again: Marshall returned to Memphis, TN - where she recorded What Would the Community Think nearly a decade earlier - to make an homage to the Southern soul and pop she listened to as a young girl.
Nom du groupe Cat Power. Nom de l'album The Greatest. Date de parution Septembre 2006. Style MusicalFolk Rock. Membres possèdant cet album6.
Lyrics to "The Greatest" song by Cat Power: Once I wanted to be the greatest No wind or waterfall could stall me And then came the rush of the . .Lower me down Pin me in Secure the grounds For the lead And the dregs of my bed I've been sleeping For the later parade.
The Greatest Cat Power. Diskografisinin her durağında farklı kimliklere bürünen Chan Marshall, The Greatest albümüyle Memphis'e doğru yol alarak soul müziğin efsanevi isimleriyle güçlerini birleştiriyor. Cat Power'ın içine kapanık yüzünü tüm netliğiyle ortaya koyan çalışma, ABD'li sanatçının masalsı vokali öncülüğünde kalp kırıklığı ve hüzne dair hikayeler anlatıyor. Piyano, gitar ve yaylılar eşliğinde aşka dair itiraflarını paylaşan Marshall, Living Proof ve Empty Shell gibi unutulmaz parçalarıyla arşivlerin baş köşesine göz kırpıyor.
|3||Lived In Bars||3:44|
|7||Where Is My Love||2:53|
|10||After It All||3:31|
|12||Love & Communication||4:34|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Matador Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Matador Records Ltd.
- Published By – Dreading Futures
- Published By – Doorman Music
- Published By – Bug Music
- Pressed By – Sonopress Arvato – 51789202
- Recorded At – Ardent Studios
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Chan Marshall, Harlan T Bobo*, Johnathan Kirkscey*
- Bass – David Smith (tracks: 2, 4 to 6, 9, 10), Leroy Hodges (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 12)
- Cello – Johnathan Kirkscey*
- Drums – Steve Potts
- Guitar – Mabon "Teenie" Hodges (tracks: 1 to 10, 12)
- Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar – Doug Easley
- Guitar, Piano, Vocals – Chan Marshall
- Mixed By – Chan Marshall, Stuart Sikes
- Photography By – Steve Gullick
- Photography By [Photo] – Katja Rahlwes
- Piano, Organ, Keyboards, Keyboards [Clavitone] – Rick Steff
- Recorded By – Stuart Sikes
- Saxophone – Jim Spake
- Songwriter [All Songs By] – Chan Marshall
- Trumpet – Scott Thompson
- Viola – Beth Luscone*
- Violin – Roy Brewer
NotesStandard jewel case with card slipcase and single, folded page insert - featuring lyrics and a photograph.
Released with a variety of slip covers - some explicitly stating "Slipcase Edition" as part of the title.
All songs published by Dreading Futures / Doorman Music, BMI
Administered by Bug Music
Manufactured in the UK
©℗ 2006 Matador Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 44861 07442 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 744861074427
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 to 3): [Sonopress Arvato logo] 51789202/OLE694-2 22
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): [Sonopress Arvato logo] 51789202/OLE694-2 21
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 to 4): IFPI LB47
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0797
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0776
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0752
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 0765
- Rights Society: BMI
- Label Code: LC 11552
|OLE 626-1||Cat Power||The Greatest (LP, Album)||Matador||OLE 626-1||US||2006|
|ANGLO012||Cat Power||The Greatest (CD, Album)||UltraPop||ANGLO012||Argentina||2006|
|OLE 6942, 0744861069423||Cat Power||The Greatest (CD, Album, RE, Jew)||Matador, Playground Music Scandinavia||OLE 6942, 0744861069423||Scandinavia||2006|
|OLE 744-2||Cat Power||The Greatest (CD, Album, RE)||Matador||OLE 744-2||Europe||2006|
|none||Cat Power||The Greatest (First Mastered Version) (CDr, Album, Promo)||Matador||none||UK||2006|
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Strings] – Chan Marshall, Harlan T. Bobo, Jonathan KirksceyBass – Leroy HodgesCello – Jonathan KirksceyDrums – Steve Potts Guitar – Mabon "Teenie" HodgesGuitar, Guitar [Pedal Steel] – Doug EasleyPiano, Organ, Keyboards [Clavitone, Etc] – Rick SteffSaxophone – Jim SpakeTrumpet – Scott ThompsonViola – Beth Luscone*Violin – Roy Brewer
- Recorded At – Ardent Studios
- Mixed By – Chan Marshall
- Mixed By, Recorded By – Stuart Sikes
- Vocals, Piano, Guitar – Chan Marshall
- Written-By – Chan Marshall
NotesRecorded at Ardent Studios, Memphis, TN.
Promotional copy given out to advertise London show.
"Cat Power plays london on 4th March 06 with a full 'Stax Review' style 22 piece band."
CD comes in a clear plastic sleeve. Folded paper sleeve has white front with black text and picture of 7" single sleeve on back. Includes press bio insert.
|OLE 688-7||Cat Power||The Greatest / Hate (7", Single)||Matador||OLE 688-7||UK||2006|
|OLE 688-7||Cat Power||The Greatest / Hate (7", Single)||Matador||OLE 688-7||US||2005|