Exile - Mixed Emotions FLAC album
Exile - Mixed Emotions 1978 Germany,Electronic, Rock, Funk, Soul Lexington (Kentucky). The strange story of this group
Mixed Emotions was a German pop music group formed in 1986 by vocalists Drafi Deutscher (9 May 1946 – 9 June 2006) and Oliver Simon (14 May 1957 – 31 July 2013). Deutscher sang, wrote/co-wrote and all Mixed Emotions' songs, many of which were co-written with regular producer and musical contributor Christopher Evans Ironside. Their best known hit is probably that from their first year, the song "You Want Love (Maria, Maria)"
He and Exile decided to collaborate and together they produced the Mixed Emotions album on Warner/Curb Records. The first single release from that album was Kiss You All Over. The single reached Billboard's Top 40 on 5 August 1978. It remained on the chart for seventeen weeks and was No. 1 for four weeks in September. It was a best-seller for six months. Records album, recorded a year later with a distinct disco beat, yielded a foreign hit, "The Part Of Me That Needs You Most. This single did particularly well in Europe and South Africa. Don't Leave Me This Way, their third album, produced by Peter Coleman, yielded two more singles, "Take Me Down" and "Smooth Sailing. Once again, it did well in Europe and South Africa although their popularity in the United States waned. Numerous personnel changes took place in 1979.
Mixed Emotions, 1978. Mixed Emotions, 1978. One Step At a Time, 03:11.
Mixed At – Whitney Recording Studios. Mastered At – Whitney Recording Studios. Exile (7). Mixed Emotions (LP, Album, Jac). Records, Curb Records.
You Thrill Me. Never Gonna Stop. There's Been A Change. You And Me. Kiss You All Over. Don't Do It. One Step At A Time. MusicBrainz: Mixed Emotions.
Mixed Emotions (1978). Album by Exile (Band).
Mixed Emotions may refer to: Mixed Emotions (German band), a German pop band. The Mixed Emotions, a late 60s garage band from who appeared on Essential Pebbles, Volume 1. "Mixed Emotions" (1951 song) a 1951 popular song written by Stuart F. Louchheim, popularized by Rosemary Clooney. Mixed Emotions" (The Rolling Stones song), 1989. Mixed Emotions, a 1977 album by Sammi Smith. Mixed Emotions (Exile album), a 1978 album by Exile. Mixed Emotions (Beverley Craven album), a 1999 album by Beverley Craven.
Album: Mixed Emotions. Album Info (This Release). Release date label labelcode medium genre submit corrections.
|A1||You Thrill Me||3:53|
|A2||Never Gonna Stop||5:39|
|A3||There's Been A Change||3:03|
|A4||You And Me||5:30|
|B1||Kiss You All Over||4:54|
|B2||Ain't Got No Time||3:13|
|B3||Don't Do It||4:47|
|B4||One Step At A Time||3:12|
|B5||Stay With Me||2:57|
- Made By – EMI ITALIANA S.p.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RAK Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Forum Studio
- Mixed At – Whitney Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Whitney Recording Studios
- Arranged By [Vocal And Instrumental Arrangments By] – Exile
- Art Direction – John Cabalka
- Artwork [Photographic Collage] – Chuck Simon, Repro Color
- Bass – Sonny Lemaire
- Bass, Backing Vocals [Back Vocals] – Danny Williams (tracks: A1, A3, A4 to B4)
- Design – Brad Kanawyer
- Design [Logo Design] – Vigon Nahas Vigon
- Drums – Steve Goetzman
- Engineer, Producer [Assistant To Producer] – Peter Coleman
- Guitar – J.P. Pennington
- Keyboards – Buzz Cornelison, Marlon Hargis
- Mastered By – Steve Hall
- Photography By – Tony Costa
- Producer – Mike Chapman
- Vocals – Buzz Cornelison, J.P. Pennington, Jimmy Stokley, Marlon Hargis, Sonny Lemaire
- Written-By – Mike Chapman/Nicky Chinn* (tracks: A1, B1), Danny Williams (tracks: B2), James P. Pennington* (tracks: A2 to A4, B3 to B5)
NotesRecorded at Forum Studio, Covington, Kentucky, November '77-March '78
Mixed at Whitney Studio, Glendale, California, March '78
Mastered at Whitney Studio
Our very special thanks to: Chipper, Chris Gray, Danny & Dave McElfresh, Jerry Warner, Mike Wambsgans, Dolly, Lynn & Doug, C.C. & J.C.
Thanks also to Danny Williams for Bass and Back Vocals on Side One, Tracks: One, Three, and Four; on Side Two, Tracks: One, Two, Three and Four
Made in Italy by EMI Italiana S.p.a.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: S.I.A.E.
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped Runout Area , Side 1): 61797-A
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped Runout Area , Side 2): 61797-B
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped, Sides 1 & 2): I ∆
- Other (Stamped Mastering Date): 17-11-78
|BSK 3205||Exile||Mixed Emotions (LP, Album, Jac)||Warner Bros. Records, Curb Records||BSK 3205||US||1978|
|EMI 11646||Exile||Mixed Emotions (LP, Album)||EMI||EMI 11646||Venezuela||1978|
|D2-79364||Exile||Mixed Emotions (CD, Album, RE)||Curb Records||D2-79364||US||2013|
|2C 068-61797||Exile||Mixed Emotions (LP, Album)||RAK||2C 068-61797||France||1978|
|10C 064-061.797||Exile||Mixed Emotions (LP, Album)||RAK||10C 064-061.797||Spain||1978|