Art Bears - Winter Songs FLAC album
Art Bears were: Dagmar Krause - Vocals Chris Cutler - Percussion, Vocals Fred Frith - Guitar, Keyboards I do not own any of the music contained within this.
Finding distribution on the Residents' Ralph Records label, the Art Bears' second album consists of 12 songs of various tensions: rest vs. speed, improv vs. pulse, space vs. density, Dagmar Kraus's vocals vs. everyone else. As usual, Chris Cutler's lyrics tell political allegories through medieval-tinged stories: slaves, castles, and wheels of fortune (and industry) dominate.
Winter Songs is the second album by English avant-garde rock group Art Bears. It was recorded at Sunrise Studio in Kirchberg, Switzerland between 22 November and 5 December 1978, and was released in 1979.
Winter Songs and Art Bears' next album, The World as It Is Today were reissued on a single CD in 1988, entitled 25 Songs. The album was also reissued in 2004 in The Art Box, a 6xCD box set of all Art Bears releases with live and unreleased tracks, plus remixes by other musicians.
Experimental Rock Art Bears. Album Name Winter Songs. 版公司 Ralph America Recommended.
2. (00:02:47) Art Bears - First Things First. 3. (00:01:42) Art Bears - Gold. 4. (00:02:41) Art Bears - The Summer Wheel. 5. (00:03:33) Art Bears - The Slave. 6. (00:02:54) Art Bears - The Hermit. 7. (00:03:10) Art Bears - Rats And Monkeys. 8. (00:03:06) Art Bears - The Skeleton. 9. (00:03:03) Art Bears - The Winter Wheel. 10. (00:03:18) Art Bears - Man And Boy. 11. (00:03:06) Art Bears - Winter, War. 12. (00:00:48) Art Bears - Force. 13. (00:01:43) Art Bears - Three Figures. Scans/Winter Songs SHM-CD Sheet Back. Scans/Winter Songs SHM-CD Sheet Front.
Winter Songs is a highly experimental album, due to the fact that there are mostly no melodies present. The album is almost entirely experimentation that's either good or bad. Devoid of anything contemporary, this album sounds like a collection of rejected Residents songs, but not touching the level of emotion, melody and overall sound that they can produce. It's a bit electronic, but it still sounds primitive and raw, and very dark. The album consists of mostly inaudible high-pitched vocals, texture, and winding playing. This is ART BEARS second album. It was originally released on THE RESIDENTS "Ralph Records" label. It's been remastered by Bob Drake and re-released on the ReR label. They're a trio with Dagmar Krause on vocals, Fred Frith on guitar, violin, keyboards and Chris Cutler on drums. Chris also wrote the lyrics that "Tell political allegories through medieval-tinged stories.
Winter Songs (LP, Album, RE). Full Contact Records (2). krypt-098. Winter Songs (CD, Album, RE, RM). ReR Megacorp.
Topics about Art Bears albums in general should be placed in relevant topic categories. This category contains albums by Art Bears. Pages in category "Art Bears albums". The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more). Winter Songs (Art Bears album). The World as It Is Today. php?title Category:Art Bears albums&oldid 872728049".
1 copy only, original and new: The Art Bears' second album consists of twelve songs of various tensions: rest vs. density, Dagmar Kraus' vocals vs.
|A1||The Bath Of Stars|
|A2||First Things First|
|A4||The Summer Wheel|
|A7||Rats & Monkeys|
|B2||The Winter Wheel|
|B3||Man & Boy|
|B4||Winter / War|
- Copyright (c) – Arcades Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rē Records
- Recorded At – Sunrise Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Nimbus
- Pressed By – Nimbus
- Printed By – Frank Rook Ltd.
- Artwork [Booklet] – Chris Cutler
- Composed By [All Compositions By] – Chris Cutler, Fred Frith
- Cover – Anon.*, Art Bear IV
- Drums, Noises – Chris Cutler
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ronnie Kürz*
- Guitar, Violin, Keyboards, Xylophone – Fred Frith
- Lacquer Cut By – GR*
- Loops, Recorded By [Live Recording Of Pigs & Bells], Illustration [Drawn Wheel], Other [Sustenance] – Graham Keatley
- Photography By [Photos From Amiens Etc.] – Margaret Thomas*
- Recorded By – Art Bears, Etienne Conod
- Vocals [Singing] – Dagmar Krause
NotesOriginal UK release with embossed gold lettering on front cover and green labels on disc (the US version on Ralph Records has black lettering and pink center labels). Including a 2-colour 29x24 cm foldout insert with photos, illustrations, lyrics and credits.
Recorded at Sunrise Studio Kirchberg CH.95.30 by us & Etienne Conod between Nov 22 & Dec 5 1978.
Cut (& in U.K. pressed) by Nimbus, Weyastone Leys, Monmouth.
Cover printed in England by Frank Rook Ltd.
The photographs are all from the Stylobate of Amiens Cathedral, except 'The bath of Stars' from Notre-Dame, Paris & 'Force' from the tomb of François II Duc de Bretagne in Nantes Cathedral.
© Arcades Music 1979
℗ Rē Records 1979
Winter Songs A & B.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched runout, variant 1): Rē 0618-A2 WINTER SONGS 1-2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched runout, variant 1): Rē 0618-B2 WINTER SONGS
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched runout, variant 2): Rē 0618-A₂ JR GR l MPKT T 'WINTER SONGS' 1-2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched runout, variant 2): Rē 0618-B₂ JR GR l MPKT T 'WINTER SONGS'
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched runout, variant 3): Rē 0618-A₂ NRL GR l MPKT T 'WINTER SONGS'
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched runout, variant 3): Rē 0618-B₂ NRL GR l MPKT T 'WINTER SONGS'
|krypt-098||Art Bears||Winter Songs (LP, Album, RE)||Full Contact Records||krypt-098||Finland||2016|
|ReR áb2||Art Bears||Winter Songs (CD, Album, RE, RM)||ReR Megacorp||ReR áb2||UK||2011|
|RR 7905||Art Bears||Winter Songs (LP, Album, RE, RP)||Ralph Records||RR 7905||US||Unknown|
|BELLE 152380||Art Bears||Winter Songs (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap)||Belle Antique||BELLE 152380||Japan||2015|
|ReR AB2||Art Bears||Winter Songs (CD, Album, RE, RM, Dig)||ReR Megacorp||ReR AB2||UK||2003|