Louis Sclavis - Dans La Nuit FLAC album
Album · 2002 · 16 Songs. Dans la nuit Louis Sclavis.
Redirected from Dans la Nuit (Louis Sclavis album)). Dans la Nuit is an album by French clarinetist Louis Sclavis recorded in 2000 and released on the ECM label. The album was initialised through an invitation of French director Bertrand Tavernier to Sclavis, he agreed and wrote this music to Charles Vanel’s 1929 film Dans la nuit
Dans la Nuit is an album by French clarinetist Louis Sclavis recorded in 2000 and released on the ECM label. The album was initialised through an invitation of French director Bertrand Tavernier to Sclavis, he agreed and wrote this music to Charles Vanel’s 1929 film Dans la nuit.
Request an album send to friend. Louis Sclavis - Dans La Nuit.
Influenced by dance, theater, and the fine arts, Louis Sclavis once again illustrates his increasing relevance to modern music thanks to this impressive 2002 effort. With his fifth outing for ECM Records, Sclavis continues his path of artistic excellence. This is a soundtrack for a recently exhumed French silent movie, though viewing the film shouldn't necessarily be a prerequisite for letting one's imagination delve into the visual aspects of this reconditioned antique.
This album has an average beat per minute of 113 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 69/169 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Dans la nuit. BPM Profile Dans la nuit. Album starts at 166BPM, ends at 97BPM (-69), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Louis Sclavis. Silk And Salt Melodies.
Composed By – Dominique Pifarély (tracks: 10, 12), François Merville (tracks: 10, 12), Jean-Louis Matinier (tracks: 10, 12, 13), Louis Sclavis (tracks: 1 to 12, 14 to 16), Vincent Courtois (tracks: 10, 12). Cover – Institut Lumière, Lyon. Design – Sascha Kleis. Engineer – Gérard De Haro. Executive-Producer – Manfred Eicher. Liner Notes – John Howe (4). Liner Notes – Bertrand Tavernier, Louis Sclavis.
As well as being France’s most highly-regarded contemporary jazz musician Louis Sclavis has a long history as a film composer, and this richly melodic album presents his original score for the restored version of a classic movie from the silent era. At the invitation of Bertrand Tavernier, Sclavis wrote new music to accompany Charles Vanel’s 1930 film, Dans la nuit. He assembled an exceptional band for this project, employing former colleague violinist Dominique Pifarély to interact with Vincent Courtois, cellist from the current Sclavis band.
Dans la Nuit is an album by French clarinetist Louis Sclavis recorded in 2000 and released on the ECM label .
Retour de noce, 02:17. L'Accident, Pt. 2, 03:17. La peur du noir, 01:27. Les 2 visages, 06:19.
|3||Dans La Nuit||3:39|
|5||Retour De Noce||2:17|
|7||Amour Et Beauté||2:49|
|8||L'Accident Part 1||3:35|
|9||L'Accident Part 2||3:17|
|11||Dans La Nuit||1:11|
|13||La Peur Du Noir||1:27|
|14||Les 2 Visages||6:19|
|16||Dans La Nuit||1:29|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ECM Records GmbH
- Copyright (c) – ECM Records GmbH
- Made By – Universal M & L, Germany
- Recorded At – Studios La Buissonne
- Accordion – Jean-Louis Matinier
- Arranged By – Dominique Pifarély (tracks: 3, 7, 11, 16)
- Cello – Vincent Courtois
- Clarinet, Producer – Louis Sclavis
- Composed By – Dominique Pifarély (tracks: 10, 12), François Merville (tracks: 10, 12), Jean-Louis Matinier (tracks: 10, 12, 13), Louis Sclavis (tracks: 1 to 12, 14 to 16), Vincent Courtois (tracks: 10, 12)
- Cover [Stills] – Institut Lumière, Lyon
- Design [Cover Design] – Sascha Kleis
- Engineer – Gérard De Haro
- Executive-Producer – Manfred Eicher
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – John Howe
- Liner Notes [French, Introduction] – Bertrand Tavernier, Louis Sclavis
- Liner Notes [German Translation] – Andrea Kirchhartz
- Percussion [Percussions], Marimba – François Merville
- Photography By [Liner Photos] – Yves Carrère
- Violin – Dominique Pifarély
NotesO-card package with standard jewel case
Music for the silent movie by Charles Vanel .
Recorded October 2000
Studios La Buissonne
An ECM Production
℗ 2002 ECM Records GmbH
© 2002 ECM Records GmbH
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (text): 7 31458 95242 8
- Barcode (string): 731458952428
- Label Code: LC 02516
- Matrix / Runout: 314 589 5242 01! A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L005
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0369
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Other (stamped on hub): MADE IN USA BY UML
- Rights Society: GEMA