Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat FLAC album
Опубликовано: 1 сент. Авторы текста и музыки.
Доставка и самовывоз по Москве
Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs of Leonard Cohen is the sixth studio album recorded by the American singer Jennifer Warnes. It debuted on the Billboard 200 on February 14, 1987 and peaked at No. 72 in the US Billboard chart and N. 3 in the UK albums chart. Originally released by Cypress Records (RCA Records in the UK), it was reissued by Private Music after Cypress went out of business. It is the only Jennifer Warnes album to make the UK albums chart (up to September 2014).
Produced by C. Roscoe Beck/Jennifer Warnes for Cypress Records. Side A runout: "Ⅱ" is etched. Rights Society: GEMA, STEMRA, BIEM.
This deluxe new reissue contains four previously unreleased songs and a 24-page booklet with rare photos from Warnes' personal collection. Digitally remastered from the original analog tapes. Released by Shout Factory (August 2007). Bonus tracks: 10. The Night Comes On 11. Ballad Of the Runaway Horse 12. If It Be Your Will 13. Joan Of Arc (alternative outtake).
Jennifer Warnes was familiar with Leonard Cohen from a tour of duty as one of his backup singers in the early '70s, but this collection of Cohen's songs must have shocked her AM radio fans who knew her from her '70s country-pop hits and her movie themes, if they were even able to connect the woman who sang. It's the right time of the night for makin' love" with the one who declared "First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin" over stinging guitar work by Stevie Ray Vaughan on the opening track here
Famous Blue Raincoat is the sixth studio album recorded by the American singer Jennifer Warnes. Released in January 1987, Famous Blue Raincoat is a tribute to Leonard Cohen, with whom Warnes had toured as a backup singer in the 1970s. The album's songs span much of Cohen's career, from his 1969.
Jennifer Warnes had mixed feelings ethically about the song's lyrical content, but admired Cohen's genius. He used the metrical foot Amphibrach in Famous Blue Raincoat. A long syllable with soft ones on both sides. It has a plodding rhythm which makes it feel like someone walking slowly and heavily, plodding sadly along.
When Jennifer Warnes recorded this 1987 collection of songs by Leonard Cohen, Cohen’s career was in undeserved decline and Warnes, who served as one of Cohen’s back-up singers in the early ‘70s, had been experiencing great success with a series of country-pop and romantic movie-themed adult-contemporary hits.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||First We Take Manhattan
Bass, Guitar – Roscoe BeckGuitar – Robben Ford, Stevie Ray Vaughn*Harmony Vocals – Jennifer WarnesPercussion – Lenny CastroSynthesizer – Russell FerranteSynthesizer, Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Gary Chang
|2||Bird On A Wire
Backing Vocals – Jennifer Warnes, Kal David, Willie Greene Jr.Bass – Jorge Calderon*Guitar – Robben FordMixed By – George MassenburgPercussion – Lenny CastroSaxophone – Reverend" Dave Boruff**Shaker – Larry BrownSynthesizer – Bill Ginn, William "Smitty" Smith*
|3||Famous Blue Raincoat
Bass [String] – Roscoe BeckMixed By – George MassenburgPiano, Arranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Bill GinnTenor Saxophone – Paul OstermayerViolin [First] – Sid Page
|4||Joan Of Arc
Guitar, Bass, Synthesizer [Add] – Roscoe BeckMixed By – Larry BrownPiano, Synthesizer – Bill GinnSynthesizer – Russell FerranteTambourine – Larry BrownVocals [Duet] – Leonard Cohen
|5||Ain't No Cure For Love
Recorded By – Csaba Petocz, Frank Wolf
|6||Coming Back To You
Steel Guitar [Lap] – David Lindley
|7||Song Of Bernadette
Mixed By – Henry LewyRecorded By – Bill Youdelman*, Paul Brown, Steven StrassmanRecorded By [Additional Recording] – Larry Brown, Tim BoyleRecorded By [Additional Recording], Mixed By – Frank Wolf
|8||A Singer Must Die||4:50|
|9||Came So Far For Beauty
Bass [Fretless] – Roscoe BeckSynthesizer, Accordion – Van Dyke Parks
- Distributed By – BMG Distribution
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Private, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Private, Inc.
- Recorded At – The Complex
- Recorded At – Amigo Studios
- Recorded At – Hollywood Sound Recorders
- Recorded At – The Enterprise
- Recorded At – Mama Jo's
- Recorded At – Salty Dog Recording
- Recorded At – Record Plant
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Pressed By – Disc Manufacturing, Inc., Huntsville – 18408
- Art Direction, Design – Leslie Wintner
- Art Direction, Producer – Jennifer Warnes
- Drums – Vinnie Colaiuta (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 6)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Clyve Taylor*, Dan Reed , Duane Seykora, Garth Richardson, Jeff Park, Joel Stoner, Ken Fowler, Nyya Lark, Russell Bracher, Sharon Rice , Steven Bradley Ford*, Terry Dunavan
- Engineer [Chief Recording Engineer] – Bill Youdelman*
- Lyrics By – Leonard Cohen
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Music By – Bill Elliott (tracks: 7), John Lissauer (tracks: 9), Leonard Cohen (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 9)
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Betsy Annas
- Producer – C. Roscoe Beck*
- Producer, Music By, Lyrics By – Jennifer Warnes (tracks: 7)
- Programmed By – Chuck Barth, Todd Yyega
NotesFamous Blue Raincoat: The Songs Of Leonard Cohen.
Booklet with lyrics and musician credits.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 1005-82092-2 5
- Matrix / Runout: 01005820922 DISC MFG, INC. (H) W.O. 18408-1
- SPARS Code: DDD
|LAT 1227||Jennifer Warnes||Famous Blue Raincoat (LP, Album)||Attic, Cypress Records||LAT 1227||Canada||1986|
|GCD8011-2||Jennifer Warnes||Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs Of Leonard Cohen (CD, Album, RE, 20t)||Cisco Music||GCD8011-2||US||2007|
|ACDM 1227||Jennifer Warnes||Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs Of Leonard Cohen (CD, Album, RE)||Attic||ACDM 1227||Canada||Unknown|
|RTH 5052-1||Jennifer Warnes||Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs Of Leonard Cohen (LP, Album, RM, 180)||Rock The House||RTH 5052-1||US||1997|
|SLPCD-3106||Jennifer Warnes||Famous Blue Raincoat (CD, Album)||Sonet, Cypress Records||SLPCD-3106||Sweden||1986|