Mink DeVille - Coup De Grâce FLAC album
A1 - Just Give Me One Good Reason A2 - Help Me To Make It (Power Of A Woman's Love) A3 - Maybe Tomorrow A4 - Teardrops Must Fall A5 - You Better Move On B. .
Coup de Grâce, issued in 1981, is the fourth album by the rock band Mink DeVille. The album represented a departure for the band, as frontman Willy DeVille dismissed the only other remaining original member of the band, guitarist Louis X. Erlanger, and hired Helen Schneider's backup band ("The Kick") to record the album.
While Willy DeVille was trying to perfect his blend of roots rock, fiery punk energy, and the heart-rending ballad style that established vocalists such as Ben E. King and Clyde McPhatter, he went through a few changes. Mink DeVille's previous recording, Le Chat Bleu, had opened the door to DeVille being as fine a ballad singer as any. Along with the Doc Pomus ballads there were a few rockers, and the seeds were sewn for the band to pursue this direction, with Willy DeVille stepping more and more out front as an enigma
Backing Vocals – Eve Moon, Mink DeVille, The Exhilarations. Design – Sandi Young. Engineer – Jim Ball, Thom Panunzio. Keyboards, Accordion, Vibraphone – Kenny Margolis. Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Ricky Borgia, Willy DeVille. Coup De Grâce (LP, Album). Atlantic, Atlantic, Atlantic. ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833, ATL . 0 833. Scandinavia. ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833. Mink DeVille.
Band Name Mink Deville. Album Name Coup De Grâce. Labels Atlantic Records. Members owning this album6. 1. Just Give Me One Good Reason.
DeVille told the New York Times: I had band problems, manager problems, record company problems And yeah, I had drug problems Finally. Jack Nitzsche produced the album, his third for Mink DeVille, along with Willy DeVille (the song "Love Me Like You Did Before" was produced by Willy DeVille and Thom Panunzio).
Album · 1981 · 10 Songs. By 1983's Where Angels Fear to Tread, Willy DeVille was the sole remaining founding member; after the release of 1985's Sportin' Life, he finally jettisoned the Mink DeVille name to continue working as a solo performer. Among his later recordings, the most successful was 1986's Mark Knopfler-produced Miracle; the single "Storybook Love" was later nominated for an Academy Award after it appeared in the film The Princess Bride. com/Coup de Grâce (Mink DeVille album). A coup de grâce (/ˌkuː də ˈɡrɑːs/; French for "blow of mercy") is a death blow to end the suffering of a severely wounded person or animal. It may be a mercy killing of civilians or soldiers, friends or enemies, with or without the sufferer's consent.
|A1||Just Give Me One Good Reason||3:14|
|A2||Help Me To Make It (Power Of A Woman's Love)||4:15|
|A4||Teardrops Must Fall||4:10|
|A5||You Better Move On||3:00|
|B1||Love & Emotion||3:37|
|B2||So In Love Are We||3:46|
|B3||Love Me Like You Did Before||3:13|
|B4||She Was Made In Heaven||2:57|
|B5||End Of The Line||2:46|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Distributed By – WEA Records SA / NV
- Distributed By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Distributed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – WEA Filipacchi Music
- Distributed By – WEA Italiana S.p.A.
- Distributed By – WEA Records B.V.
- Distributed By – WEA Music Ges.m.b.H.
- Distributed By – WEA Metronome Records AB
- Manufactured By – Record Service Alsdorf
- Printed By – Druckhaus Maack KG
- Pressed By – Record Service Alsdorf
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – EMI Music Ltd.
- Published By – Dominion Music Co. Ltd.
- Mastered At – Strawberry Mastering
- Arranged By – Jack Nitzsche
- Art Direction – Bob Defrin
- Backing Vocals – Eve Moon, Mink DeVille, The Exhilarations
- Bass – Joey Vasta*
- Design – Sandi Young
- Drums – Tommy Price*
- Engineer – Jim Ball*, Thom Panunzio
- Keyboards, Accordion, Vibraphone – Kenny Margolis
- Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Ricky Borgia*
- Percussion – Brother Johnny Espinet, Jimmy Maelen, Tommy Price*
- Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Joyce Ravid
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – John Pilgreen
- Producer – Jack Nitzsche (tracks: A1 to B2, B4, B5), Thom Panunzio (tracks: B3), Willy DeVille
- Producer [Associate] – Thom Panunzio
- Saxophone – Louis Cortelezzi
- Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Slide Guitar – Willy DeVille
- Written-By – A. Alexander* (tracks: A5), E. Hinton* (tracks: A2), R. Rich* (tracks: B2), W. DeVille* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B1 to B5)
NotesCatalog number on sleeve: ATL K 50833 (SD 19322)
Catalog number on vinyl labels: K 50 833
℗ © 1981 Atlantic Recording Corporation.
Track A1, A3, A4, B1 to B5 published by Copyright Control.
Track A2 published by EMI Music Ltd.
Track A5 published by Dominion Music Co. Ltd.
Manufactured in Germany by Record Service GmbH, Alsdorf.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A, stamped): R / S Alsdorf 50833 A2 •STRAWBERRY (C)•
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B, stamped / etched): R / S Alsdorf 50833 B XX •STRAWBERRY (C)•
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl label A): (ST-A-814 773)
- Matrix / Runout (Vinyl label B): (ST-A-814 774)
- Label Code: LC 0121
- Other (Distribution code, France): WE 351
- Other (Distribution code, Germany): Ⓤ
|SD 19311||Mink DeVille||Coup De Grâce (LP, Album, All)||Atlantic||SD 19311||US||1981|
|LWA-6118||Mink DeVille||Coup De Grâce (LP, Album)||Atlantic||LWA-6118||Mexico||1981|
|ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833 , SD 19311||Mink DeVille||Coup De Grâce (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic, Atlantic||ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833 , SD 19311||France||1981|
|ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833, ATL K.50 833||Mink DeVille||Coup De Grâce (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic, Atlantic||ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833, ATL K.50 833||Scandinavia||1981|
|ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833||Mink DeVille||Coup De Grâce (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||ATL 50 833, ATL K 50 833||Germany||1981|