Various - Holidays Rule FLAC album
Holidays Rule is a collection of holiday music featuring various artists that range from indie rock to jazz and pop, including Paul McCartney, Rufus Wainwright, The Shins. The songs on the compilation are both traditional and modern. The album was released by Hear Music/Concord Music Group on October 30, 2012 in North America. Chris Funk of The Decemberists served as the album’s producer, and he also appears on the album with Black Prairie.
Holidays rule offers surprising seasonal music feast. Adventurous Holiday Music Collection features fu. The Shins, Paul McCartney, The Civil Wars, Rufus Wainwright, Punch Brothers, Irma Thomas with Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Calexico, Andrew Bird And Many More – Due October 30th, 2012 (. ). HOLIDAYS RULE, a deliciously diverse collection of seasonal music featuring an array of glittering contributions from across the musical spectrum, will be released by Hear Music/Concord Music Group on October 30th, 2012.
The 2012 compilation Holidays Rule is a modern take on the concept, starting with Fun. The band's cover of Sleigh Ride, dappled with dance beats, is a festive departure from its multi-vocal layered world indie sound. But the party really gets started with The Shins doing a Beach Boys–flavored rendition of Sir Paul McCartney’s Wonderful Christmastime. McCartney also turns up here, singing a take on The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) that begs to be listened to by the fireplace, eggnog in hand.
Enter the url below of the most international release on MusicBrainz. Its not possible to enter the url of a release group.
Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
Holidays Rule Volume 2, a joyful and diverse collection of seasonal music featuring an array of convivial contributions from across the musical spectrum. The album delves into an unusually rich assemblage of Pop, R&B, Rock, Americana, Jazz, Mariachi, and more. Holidays Rule Volume 2 lets today’s artists put their own mark on tradition by offering wonderfully fresh takes on holiday chestnuts old and new (Barns Courtney and Lennon Stella remake 'Baby, It’s Cold Outside'; Judah & The Lion reinvents 'The Christmas Song'; Albin Lee Meldau delivers a soulful version of Mariah Carey’s 'All I Want For Christmas.
artists like The Civil Wars, Rufus Wainwright, Punch Brothers, The Shins, Paul McCartney & more. Holidays Rule Various Artists International street dates vary.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By – Andrew DostCello – Rosie DanversDouble Bass – Richard PryceDrum Programming – Jack AntonoffDrum Programming [Additional] – Xaphoon JonesEngineer – Richard WoodcraftFlute – Chloe VincentFrench Horn – Richard AshtonHarp – Camilla PayMixed By – Andrew DawsonOrchestra – Wired StringsOrchestrated By – Rosie DanversProducer – TommyD*Producer [Additional Production] – Andrew DawsonProducer, Performer – fun.Viola – Becky Jones Violin – Debbie Widdup, Eleanor Stamford, Lizzie Ball, Natalia Bonner, Patrick Kiernan, Sally JacksonWritten-By – Leroy Anderson, Mitchell Parish
|2||–The Shins||Wonderful Christmastime
Producer – Richard Swift Recorded By – The ShinsWritten-By – Paul McCartney
|3||–Rufus Wainwright Feat. Sharon Van Etten||Baby, It's Cold Outside
Engineer, Mixed By – Stewart LermanPiano – Andy BurtonProducer – Randall Poster, Stewart LermanWritten-By – Frank Loesser
|4||–Paul McCartney||The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
Bass – Robert HurstContractor, Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Shari SutcliffeDrums – Karriem RigginsEngineer [Assistant] – Chandler Harrod, Tim MarchiafavaEngineer [Pro Tools Engineer] – Brian MontgomeryGuitar – John PizzarelliPiano – Diana KrallProducer – Tommy LiPumaRecorded By, Mixed By – Al SchmittWritten-By – Mel Tormé, Robert Wells
|5||–Black Prairie Feat. Sallie Ford||(Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man With The Bag
Accordion, Celesta, Percussion – Jenny Conlee-Drizos*Banjo – Chris FunkBass – Nate QueryDrums – Ji TanzerGuitar – Jon NeufeldMixed By – Vance PowellProducer – Chris FunkRecorded By [Search Party West] – Chris FunkRecorded By [Type Foundry] – Adam Seltzer*Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn – Victor NashVocals – Sallie FordVocals, Stroh Violin – Annalisa TornfeltWritten-By – Dudley Brooks, Hal Stanley*, Irving Taylor
|6||–The Civil Wars||I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
A&R – Travis YettonAcoustic Guitar, Twelve-String Guitar [Electric] – John Paul WhitePerformer – The Civil WarsPiano, Organ [Pump Organ], Bells [Sleigh Bells] – Joy Williams Producer, Engineer, Mixed By – Jay JoyceVocals – John Paul White, Joy Williams
|7||–Calexico||Green Grows The Holly
Arranged By – CalexicoDouble Bass [Upright Bass], Electric Guitar, Backing Vocals – Ryan AlfredDrums – John ConvertinoEngineer – Jack MacInnes, Michael Taylor , Ryan AlfredMixed By – Ryan AlfredTrumpet – Jacob ValenzuelaVocals, Acoustic Guitar [Nylon Acoustic Guitar], Piano, Cello, Accordion – Joey BurnsWritten-By – King Henry VIII Of England*
|8||–AgesandAges*||We Need A Little Christmas
Bass – Rob OberdorferDrums, Percussion, Vocals – Dan Hunt*Handclaps – Brent Knopf, Matt Sheehy, Sarah FennellMixed By – Graeme GibsonProducer, Recorded By – Chris FunkVocals, Guitar – Adam Thompson Vocals, Guitar [Nashville Guitar] – Tim Perry Vocals, Piano, Organ [Pump], Synthesizer [Casio] – Johanna KuninWritten-By – Jerry Herman
|9||–Holly Golightly||That's What I Want For Christmas
Instrumentation By – David Drake*Producer, Engineer – David Drake*Vocals – Holly GolightlyWritten-By – E.E. Lawrence*
|10||–Irma Thomas With Preservation Hall Jazz Band||May Ev'ry Day Be Christmas
Bass – Ben Jaffe Clarinet – Charlie GabrielDrums – Joe Lastie*Piano – Rickie MonieRecorded By – Earl Scioneaux*Saxophone – Clint MaedgenTrombone – Freddie LonzoTrumpet – Mark BraudTuba – Ronnell Johnson*Vocals – Irma ThomasWritten-By – Louis Jordan
|11||–Heartless Bastards||Blue Christmas
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Mark NathanBass, Acoustic Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar – Jesse EbaughDrums, Piano – Dave Colvin Engineer – Mark Nathan, Michael CrowVocals – Erika Wennerstom*Written-By – Billy Hayes, Jay Johnson
|12||–Eleanor Friedberger||Santa, Bring My Baby Back To Me
Bass – W. Andrew Raposo*Drums – Max Goldman Engineer, Mixed By – W. Andrew Raposo*, Morgan WileyPercussion – Andrew FrawleyPiano – Morgan WileyProducer – Eleanor FriedbergerSaxophone – Julio MonterreyTrombone – Jason DisuTrumpet – Kenny WarrenVibraphone – Michael Demsyn-HanfVocals – Eleanor FriedbergerWritten-By – Aaron Schroeder, Claude DeMetrius
|13||–Fruit Bats||It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas
Drums, Percussion – Graeme GibsonLap Steel Guitar [8 String Lap Steel] – Chris FunkMixed By – Graeme GibsonRecorded By – Chris FunkVocals, Guitar, Bass, Marxophone, Tambourine – Eric D. JohnsonWritten-By – Meredith Willson
|14||–Y La Bamba||Señor Santa (Mister Santa)
Accordion – Eric SchrepelBells – Chris FunkGuitar, Vocals, Whistling – Edward Cameron*Mixed By – Graeme GibsonProducer, Recorded By – Chris FunkVocals – Luz Elena Mendoza*Vocals, Bass – Ben MeyercordVocals, Percussion – Michael Kitson*Vocals, Ukulele, Percussion – Scott MageeWritten-By – Pat Ballard
|15||–Punch Brothers||O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Arranged By – Punch BrothersEngineer – Dave SinkoEngineer [Assistant] – Bob MalloryMixed By – Jacquire KingPerformer [Punch Brothers] – Chris Eldridge, Chris Thile, Gabe Witcher, Noam Pikelny, Paul Kowert
|16||–The Head And The Heart||What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Josiah JohnsonBass – Chris ZascheDrums – Tyler Williams Electric Guitar – Matt GervaisEngineer [Assistant] – Brendan Mills-McCabeMixed By, Engineer – Shawn SimmonsPiano – Kenny HensleyProducer – The Head And The HeartVocals – Charity Thielen, Jon Russell*Written-By – Frank Loesser
|17||–Andrew Bird||Auld Lang Syne
Guitar, Vocals – Alan HamptonMixed By – David BoucherRecorded By – Damon WhittemoreViolin, Vocals – Andrew Bird
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MPL Communications Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Starcon, LLC
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – MPL Communications Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Starcon, LLC
- Published By – EMI Mills Music Inc.
- Published By – Woodbury Music
- Published By – MPL Communications Inc.
- Published By – Frank Music Corp.
- Published By – Edwin H. Morris & Co.
- Published By – MPL Music Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – Morley Music Co.
- Published By – Public Domain
- Published By – Jerryco Music Co.
- Published By – Cherio Corp.
- Published By – The Judy J. Olmsted Trust
- Published By – Lichelle Music Company
- Published By – Universal - Polygram International Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – A. Schroeder International, LLC
- Published By – Gladys Music
- Published By – Rachel's Own Music
- Published By – Meredith Willson Music LLC
- Engineered At – Metropolis Studios
- Recorded At – The Aural Apothecary
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Recorded At – Type Foundry
- Recorded At – Search Party West
- Recorded At – Camp Esco Studios
- Recorded At – Preservation Hall
- Recorded At – Industrial Oaks
- Recorded At – Midnight Sun Studio
- Recorded At – Studio Litho
- Recorded At – Valvetone Studios
- Mixed At – Capitol Studios
- Mixed At – Sputnik Sound
- Mixed At – Search Party West
- Mixed At – Chateau Boucher
- Mastered At – Lurssen Mastering
- Executive-Producer – Nancy Jeffries (tracks: MPL), Randall Poster
- Mastered By – Gavin Lurssen
- Producer – Chris Funk, Sara Matarazzo
Notes1. Engineered at Metropolis Studios, London, UK
2. Recorded at Aural Apothecary Studios
3. Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York, NY
(Back cover erroneously indicates Sharon Von Etten)
4. Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York, NY
Mixed at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, CA
5. Recorded at Type Foundry and at Search Party West, Portland, OR
Mixed at Sputnik Sound, Nashville, TN
7. Recorded in Washington, DC and Tucson, AZ
8, 13. Recorded and mixed at Search Party West, Portland, OR
9. Recorded at Camp Esco Studios, Georgia
10. Recorded at Preservation Hall, New Orleans, LA
11. Recorded at Industrial Oaks, Austin, TX
12. Recorded at Midnight Sun Studio, Brooklyn, NY
15. Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York, NY
16. Recorded at Studio Litho Seattle, WA
17. Recorded at ValveTone Studios, New York, NY
Mixed at Chateau Boucher, Los Angeles, CA
1. EMI Mills Music Inc. (ASCAP) / EMI Mills Music Inc. obo Woodbury Music (ASCAP)
fun. appears courtesy of Fueled by Ramen, LLC
2. MPL Communications Inc. (ASCAP)
The Shins appear courtesy of Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment
ⓟ Sony Music Entertainment
3. Frank Music Corp. (ASCAP)
Rufus Wainwright appears courtesy of Decca Records
Sharon Van Etten appears courtesy of Jagjaguwar
4. Edwin H. Morris & Company, A Division of MPL Music Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)
Diana Krall appears courtesy of Verve Records
John Pizzarelli appears courtesy of Telarc International
ⓟ MPL Communications Inc.
5. Morley Music Co. (ASCAP)
Sallie Ford appears courtesy of Partisan Records
6. Public Domain
The Civil Wars appear courtesy of sensibility music
7. Public Domain
Calexico appear courtesy of Anti Records
ⓟ Anti, Inc.
8. Jerryco Music Co. (ASCAP)
AgesandAges appear courtesy of Knitting Factory Records
9, 14. Edwin H. Morris & Company, A Division of MPL Music Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)
10. Cherio Corp. (BMI)
Irma Thomas appears courtesy of Rounder Records
Preservation Hall Jazz Band appear courtesy of Rounder Records
11. Judy J. Olmsted Trust (c/o Lichelle Music Company) (ASCAP) / Universal Polygram Int. Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)
12. A. Schroeder Int'l LLC obo Rachel's Own Music (ASCAP) / Gladys Music (ASCAP)
Eleanor Friedberger appears courtesy of Merge Records
13. Frank Music Corp. and Meredith Willson Music LLC (ASCAP)
15. Public Domain
Punch Brothers appear courtesy of Nonesuch Records
16. Frank Music Corp. (ASCAP)
The Head and The Heart appear courtesy of Sub Pop Records
ⓟ Sub Pop Records
17. Public Domain
Andrew Bird appears courtesy of Mom + Pop Records
ⓟ & ⓒ 2012 MPL Communications Inc. and StarCon, LLC d/b/a Hear Music
Made in EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 88072 34045 9
|0888072342200||Various||Christmas Rules (CD, Comp, Car)||Hear Music, MPL , Universal Music Group International||0888072342200||UK & Europe||2012|