Carly Simon - Carly Simon FLAC album
Carly Simon new songs, albums, biography, chart history, photos, videos, news, and more on Billboard, the go-to source for what's hot in music.
London 1972 - Carly Simon is asked about how she got her start in the music business. She was there to record her third album, "No Secrets" at Trident Studios. From the Simon Sisters, to answering letters at Newsweek, once she met Jacob Brackman, her solo career took off.
Anthology is singer-songwriter Carly Simon's 26th album, and first anthology album, released in November 2002. It is a two-disc set with all the songs personally picked by Simon. Over the course of the two discs, every one her studio albums (up until that point) is represented with at least one song (not including her just-released Christmas album or her 1993 opera, Romulus Hunt: A Family Opera, on which she only actually performs on one track).
2015 A Musical Memoir Collection.
Carly Simon (February 1971). Anticipation (November 1971). Playing Possum (1975). Another Passenger (1976). Boys in the Trees (1978). You may also love the Original Album Series box set. This 5 disc box set includes Carly's first five studio albums.
Moonlight Serenade (Carly Simon album). Moonlight Serenade is an album by the American singer-songwriter Carly Simon. It is her 22nd studio album (her 29th overall), and her fourth album of pop standards. Released on July 19, 2005 by Columbia Records, Moonlight Serenade debuted at on the Billboard 200, selling 58,000 copies in its first week, and remained on the chart for 10 weeks. It was Simon's first US Top 10 album since Boys in the Trees (1978)
Anticipation (Carly Simon album). Anticipation is singer-songwriter Carly Simon's second studio album, released in 1971. It is best known for its title track, "Anticipation", which was a top-twenty chart hit in the . it was later used as the soundtrack for a television commercial for Heinz ketchup in the late 1970s. He called the title-track "a spirited examination of the tensions involved in a burgeoning romantic situation in which nobody has any idea of what's going on or what's going to happen a quiet song, lovely and quite enigmatic, with a trace of the minor chord influence of Joni Mitchell.
Carly Simon (born Carly Elisabeth Simon on 25 June 1945 - New York City, USA) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and children's author. She rose to fame in the 1970s with a string of hit records, and has since been the recipient of two Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe Award for her work.
Walter Neff "Carly Simon - Album Covers: No Secrets 1972" s Retrieved 5 April 2013. "Billboard Hot 100 Chart 50th Anniversary" Billboardcom 1994-05-21 Retrieved 2009-08-17 .
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
Written-By – Carly Simon, Jacob Brackman
|A3||One More Time||3:32|
|A4||The Best Thing||4:14|
|A5||Just A Sinner
Written-By – Mark Klingman
|B1||Dan, My Fling
Written-By – Fred Gardner, Jacob Brackman
Music By, Lyrics By – Bill Mernit*, Eddie KramerWritten-By – Carly Simon
|B4||Rolling Down The Hills||3:35|
|B5||The Love's Still Growing
Written-By – Buzzy Linhart
- Copyright (c) – Elektra Records
- Recorded At – Electric Lady Studios
- Mastered At – Elektra Sound Recorders
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Arranged By [Strings] – Pat Rebillot (tracks: A2)
- Arranged By [Strings], Performer – Ed Freeman (tracks: A1, B3, B5)
- Art Direction, Design – Robert L. Heimall
- Mastered By – Terry Dunavan (tracks: TD)
- Mixed By – Dave Palmer , Ed Kramer*
- Performer – Billy Mernit, Buzzy Linhart, David Bromberg, David Givens, Doug Rauch, Frank Steo, Harvey Shapiro, Jeff Baxter, Gerry Jemmott*, Jim Wilkins, Jimmy Johnson , Jimmy Ryan , John Siomos, Mark Klingman, Paul Griffin, Steve Merriman, Tom Caulfield, Tony Levin
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Joel Brodsky
- Photography By [Cover, Poster] – Peter Simon
- Producer – Eddie Kramer
- Written-By – Carly Simon (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B4)
NotesSpecialty Records Corporation pressing in a textured sleeve.
Produced by Eddie Kramer for Jerry Brandt/Brandtworks Records Inc.
Recorded at Electric Lady Studios - New York City
© copyright 1971 by Elektra Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched): EKS 74082 A-9 SP 1-1 ESRTD 5-7-76
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Etched): EKS 74082 B-9 SP 1-1 ESRTD 5-7-76
- Matrix / Runout (Both Sides, Stamped): SPC
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Label): EKS 74082-A SP
- Barcode (Side B, Label): EKS 74082-B SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched, "Terry" in script.): EKS 74082 A O CP ESR - Terry - 5-29-75
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Etched): EKS-74082-B CSM
|EKS-74082||Carly Simon||Carly Simon (LP, Album)||Elektra||EKS-74082||US||1971|
|UDSACD 2165||Carly Simon||Carly Simon (SACD, Hybrid, Album)||Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab||UDSACD 2165||US||2015|
|EKS-74082||Carly Simon||Carly Simon (LP, Album)||Elektra||EKS-74082||Canada||1971|
|EKS-74082||Carly Simon||Carly Simon (LP, Album, RE)||Elektra||EKS-74082||US||1975|
|EKS-74082||Carly Simon||Carly Simon (LP, Album, Promo)||Elektra||EKS-74082||US||1971|