Chris Burn's Ensemble - Cultural Baggage FLAC album
ACTA 5. Chris Burn's Ensemble. Cultural Baggage (CD, Album). Ensemble At Musica Genera 2002 (CD, Album).
Chris Burn - piano, John Butcher - saxophone. Ensemble CDs: at Musica Genera, Horizontals White, Navigations (with Richard Barrett's sleeve notes), the Place (with Evan Parker), Cultural Baggage. Duo LP Fonetiks on Bead. Quartet CD, the First two Gigs on Emanem. BBC video of Ensemble at the Conway Hall. Duo Fonetiks (duo) The First Two Gigs (quartet). ENSEMBLE Densités 2008 at Musica Genera Horizontals White Navigations The Place Cultural Baggage. Burn and Butcher are most associated for their work in Chris Burn's ENSEMBLE - but their musical relationship goes back to the mid 1970s. Early projects included Burn's Jazz Ensemble and numerous small groups that gradually moved towards free improvisation - abetted by weekly rehearsals and concerts at the Workers' Music Assosiation.
1. No stops, only commas (John Butcher) (12:45) 2. Scarecrow analysis (Chris Burn) (10:39) 3. Sowari for ensemble (Phil Durrant) (8:35) 4. Cropped rotation (Chris Burn) (13:38) 5. Towards trumpeting ('Ensemble') (2:44) 6. ohst (Axel Dörner) (08:19) 7. Nothing lasts for ever (John Russell) (03:27). Recorded at Gateway Studios, Kingston on 17/18 September 1997
1 Influence And Concealment. 3 Korg Boyle And The Four Dwarves 7:10.
There are no setlists by Chris Burn’s Ensemble on setlist. fm yet. You could help us by adding a first setlist. You can track changes of setlists by this artist by selecting the option below. Chris Burn’s Ensemble.
Burn is a pianist who eschews all convention on his instrument. Rarely, if ever, does one actually hear what one can clearly identify as a piano. That is, in fact, both an asset and a liability of the entire ensemble: it is almost impossible to clearly identify what any of its members are doing. Unlike Evan Parker’s Electro-Acoustic Ensemble, where the individual performers are clearly delineated even through the electronic treatments, there is a certain selflessness to Burn's ensemble – which may or may not be a good thing.
Burn) 1. 8 5. Towards trumpeting ('Ensemble') . 4 6. ohst (Axel Dörner) 0. 9 7. Nothing lasts for ever (John Russell) 0. 7 Recorded at Gateway Studios, Kingston on 17/18 September 1997. May 2010, 4:36 Chris Burn's Ensemble, Navigations Used drive : TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS-T633A Adapter: 1 ID: 0 Read mode : Secure Utilize accurate stream : Yes Defeat audio cache : Yes Make use of C2 pointers : No Read offset correction : 6 Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes Delete leading and trailing.
Chris Thompson and The Culture Ensemble is a performing arts organization in Charlotte .
Artists: Arovane, Porya Hatami. Artist: Chris Burn’s Ensemble. Label: Musica Genera. Format: CD. Price: €12,40 EU (incl. 19% VAT) €10,42 non-EU.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Influence And Concealment||8:04|
|3||Korg Boyle And The Four Dwarves||7:10|
Hurdy Gurdy – Stevie Wishart
|8||A Must In Silk||5:17|
- Recorded At – Gateway Studio, London
- Acoustic Guitar – John Russell
- Cello – Marcio Mattos
- Cover – Leslie Glasgow
- Design – Sue Dransfield
- Engineer – Steve Lowe
- Flute – Jim Denley
- Photography By – Ivan Dias
- Piano, Liner Notes – Chris Burn
- Synthesizer, Electronics – Matt Hutchinson*
- Technician [Technical Production] – Matthew Hutchinson
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – John Butcher
- Violin – Phil Durrant, Stevie Wishart
NotesRecorded at Gateway Studios, Kingston Polytechnic on 11/12 August 1990
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society (Denley, Wishart): APRA
- Rights Society (Butcher, Durrant, Mattos, Russell, Burn, Hutchinson): PRS
- SPARS Code: DDD