Ohio Players - Ohio Players Gold FLAC album
Complete your Ohio Players collection.
May 8, 2019- Explore Lance Mitchell's board "Ohio Players", followed by 2062 people on Pinterest.
Gold is a compilation album by the American funk band Ohio Players. It was released in October 1976 by Mercury Records and features music from the albums Skin Tight, Fire, Honey, and Contradiction, along with two new recordings-"Feel the Beat (Everybody Disco)" and "Only a Child Can Love". The compilation earned a gold certification from the RIAA and was the last Ohio Players album to do so. In March 2008, Mercury released a different two-disc, 24-track compilation album, also called Gold.
Gold (Ohio Players album).
Album · 1976 · 11 Songs. 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best Of Ohio Players. Funk On Fire: The Mercury Anthology.
With a bottom-heavy funk sound driven by bright and brilliantly arranged killer horn riffs, the Ohio Players were one of the best and most consistent of the 1970s funk bands, and their approach and lyric sensibility in many ways prefigured the hip-hop explosion that hit some 30 years later
Gold (Ohio Players album). Fire is the sixth studio album by the Ohio Players and the second released through the Mercury label. and on vinyl in Japan. DT. mage: Ohio players fire. Honey (Ohio Players album). Honey is the seventh studio album by American band the Ohio Players. Released on August 16, 1975 by Mercury Records. It is generally regarded as a classic, the band's best album, and the last great full-length release of their dominant era in the mid-1970s.
Gate-fold Sleeve is VG+, light ring wear, upper right corner is clipped. Ohio Players Format: Vinyl.
This is the official page for the Ohio Players
|A1||Feel The Beat (Everybody Disco)||3:15|
|A3||I Want To Be Free||3:15|
|A5||Far East Mississippi||3:07|
|B2||Sweet Sticky Thing||3:25|
|B3||Jive Turkey (Part 1)||3:05|
|B4||Only A Child Can Love||4:12|
|B5||Who'd She Coo?||3:18|
- Record Company – RCA Music Service – R-130281
- Record Company – RCA Music Service – R 130281
- Bass, Percussion – Marshall Jones
- Drums, Timbales, Congas, Cowbell, Steel Drums, Temple Block, Percussion, Vocals – James "Diamond" Williams
- Engineer – Barry Mraz, Hank Neuberger, Karl Richardson, Lee Hulko, Marty Linke, Paul Johnson , Rob Kingsland, Steve Klein, Steve Kusiciel, Tom Hanson
- Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Percussion, Vocals – Clarence Satchell
- Grand Piano, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Rmi], Synthesizer [Arp Odyssey, Arp String Ensemble], Clavinet [Hohner], Percussion, Vocals – Billy Beck
- Guitar, Harmonica, Percussion, Vocals – Leroy "Sugarfoot" Bonner
- Producer – Ohio Players
- Trumpet – Ralph "Pee Wee" Middlebrooks
- Trumpet, Trombone, Percussion – Marvin "Merv" Pierce
NotesCatalog numbers appear as follows:
R 130281 on rear sleeve
R-130281 on labels
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): SRM-1-1122-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): SRM-1-1122-B
|SRM-1-1122||Ohio Players||Ohio Players Gold (LP, Comp, Gat)||Mercury||SRM-1-1122||US||1976|
|7142 521||Ohio Players||Ohio Players Gold (Cass, Comp)||Mercury||7142 521||UK||1976|
|6338 722||Ohio Players||Ohio Players Gold (LP, Comp)||Mercury||6338 722||New Zealand||1976|
|6338 722||Ohio Players||Ohio Players Gold (LP, Comp, RE, Gat)||Mercury||6338 722||Scandinavia||1977|
|422-824 461-1||Ohio Players||Ohio Players Gold (LP, Comp, RE)||Mercury||422-824 461-1||US||Unknown|